• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Front Suspension Noise - Looking for Similar Experience!

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Millicz you had control arm fix and still no sound?
Fraylis had his car done and noise is back.
Not gonna give them my car till fix is a fix.
LJ

2018TourX

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Sorry just noticed your question. I took a look at my invoice and it says: "Reprogram IPC per DOC 18248 Program Code #6079F". Doesn't mean much to me, but I assume it would to the technician, home that helps.
Thank you!!

Frayles

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
So here’s an update on my 18 GS. The dealership has opened up a “tech ticket” for my car. I was told that GM has not had a 2018 Regal that has had the TSB completed come back to them for the same issue. They are requesting that I bring the car back so the tech can double check all the work that was done. Driving it today in Massachusetts it was in the low 40’s and the noise only appeared once where as yesterday it was about thirty degrees and the noise was readily apparent. I’m going to bring it back when I know it’s going to be cold so that they can replicate the same weather conditions. I’ll keep everyone updated when there is some news good, bad, or indifferent.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Got the TSB Number. 18-NA-163 dated November 2018.
View attachment 12943
It's been "Florida Cold" the past three mornings. Temps down around 43F (6C). Heard the noise that I had never heard before. After coffee at my local coffee shop, the weather warmed up and no more noise. Went to Service Dept and informed him of the noise. Service Writer could not find the TSB. Went to Parts Dept (for a different reason), mentioned it to the Parts guy, and he found the TSB immediately.

Next cold morning, I'll go back so they can hear it, then write up the RO for me.

BTW, Parts guy said the parts for the fix (Control Arm) are on backorder.

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
GM sounds real sure of cause on TSB ....may be due to...
LJ
Could be a manufacturing defect or QA failure.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
This morning, temp was 55F. Suspension was quiet, as it should be.

Wednesday morning, they are calling for 38F in my area. I'm getting up early and if suspension
makes noise, I'll head to dealer before weather warms up.

GeorgeG

Buick Ownership
regal tourx
Just had mine done last week after waiting about 3 weeks for parts. It's been cold here and it was immediately noticeable. Now that I've driven it a bit since having it done, I think the noise may have even been there on rough roads. I've put Michelin X-ice tires on a month ago which are quieter then the OEM tires, the car is definitely quieter now then when I first got it.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
I'm surprised that more people from up north and Canada have not reported the problem.

We've had some cold (for Florida) mornings these last few days. I've had the noise but it disappears once the outside temp gets up to 50F or over. Dealers won't write it on RO if they don't hear it.

Because it is not dangerous and because it warms up quick in Central Florida and noise stops, I'm going to wait until I take car in for first free oil change. I'll insist they include it on the RO at that time. (I hope I don't have to make any emergency trips up North this winter).

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I've got the noise (Delaware). Started within the first 800 miles.

It happens with below combination:
1. Brakes need to be engaged at least 60% of max.
2. Cold weather
3. Braking on an uneven/bumpy driving surface guarantees the noise

2018TourX

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Just got a call from the Buick service department. Parts are "shipped and expected next week". So roughly a 3 week turnaround, hopefully. When fixed I will write an update.
Well just got another call from the dealer service department. Parts have not arrived and NOW there is no longer an ETA. Its been over 4 weeks. Pretty sad GM/BUICK!! Guess that explains why they are going bankrupt again.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Well just got another call from the dealer service department. Parts have not arrived and NOW there is no longer an ETA. Its been over 4 weeks. Pretty sad GM/BUICK!! Guess that explains why they are going bankrupt again.
Parts are on backorder.

Per my previous post, because it is not dangerous and it warms up quick in Central Florida, I'm going to wait until I take car in for first oil change, and have them lost it on the RO,

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I guess I am real PIA to dealers.. but if it takes three days I would find another dealer. Would be hard to keep me from watching them do it.
LJ

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
Just got my 2018 GS this weekend and I have the noise. I put 1100 miles on it and It has been driven in 40 deg up to mid-70s and I always hearing it coming to a harder stop. Doesn't seem to be temperature related but its not going to get above 80 for a while here.

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I'm surprised that more people from up north and Canada have not reported the problem.

We've had some cold (for Florida) mornings these last few days. I've had the noise but it disappears once the outside temp gets up to 50F or over. Dealers won't write it on RO if they don't hear it.

Because it is not dangerous and because it warms up quick in Central Florida and noise stops, I'm going to wait until I take car in for first free oil change. I'll insist they include it on the RO at that time. (I hope I don't have to make any emergency trips up North this winter).
I am in Canada.
Since I've only ever seen one 2018 Regal (any trim, including GS) on the street driven, I doubt there's a lot of Canadians who bought this car.
I remember from reading about the sales figures of the 2018 Regal and it is like ~40 cars (all trim levels) per month in the entire country.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Does GM offer TourX in Canada?
Just looked up I guess tbey don't!
Seems like Chevy is running GM still.
Sure way to have limited sales.
Wagons would probably be sales leader for Regal in Canada.
LJ

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
A lot of Chinese produced parts are used on these newer cars, same as AZ replacement parts! Not the same quality of past years!