Front Suspension Noise - Looking for Similar Experience!

Rhetoric

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
A lot of Chinese produced parts are used on these newer cars, same as AZ replacement parts! Not the same quality of past years!
That’s true of about every brand out there and kind of a blanket statement. I’ve seen a hugely wide variety in the quality of parts produced in China, whether OE or replacement. China alone does not equate bad quality. Poor QC equates to bad quality, regardless of manufacture location.

Thread starter #102
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
A lot of Chinese produced parts are used on these newer cars, same as AZ replacement parts! Not the same quality of past years!
I am a Chinese.
If you still believe in the saying of Chinese product = bad quality product, then you probably lived in a shed without Internet for the past decade. I reckon the quality is probably poor with things like the $100 copycat Made In China smartphones, but the problem is $100, not China.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
I am a Chinese.
If you still believe in the saying of Chinese product = bad quality product, then you probably lived in a shed without Internet for the past decade. I reckon the quality is probably poor with things like the $100 copycat Made In China smartphones, but the problem is $100, not China.
Thanks.
My problem is the Communist government in China, not China itself or quality products from China.

I'm old enough to remember when "Made in Japan" was another name for junk.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
My previous German-brand car was full of "Made in Germany" stuff. Stuff apparently made on the cheap that was garbage and wore out quickly. Thanks, Herbert Diess. So yeah, where something is made today doesn't necessarily mean it's automatically good or bad.

Getting back on topic, the parts are finally in for my car after a month on order. Hopefully I'll have a late Christmas present next week of a noise-free car.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
I am a Chinese.
Thanks.
Where did you grow up, in a tent?? I had internet before you were born! China uses child & slave labor to try to reproduce parts for cars paying about $300.00 per month for working 12-hr days, 7-days a week. Have you ever experienced that environment in the cell phone business? I had a China made cell phone that failed in less than a year and had to go back to my old 7-yr old Samsung phone.

Rhetoric

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Where did you grow up, in a tent?? I had internet before you were born! China uses child & slave labor to try to reproduce parts for cars paying about $300.00 per month for working 12-hr days, 7-days a week. Have you ever experienced that environment in the cell phone business? I had a China made cell phone that failed in less than a year and had to go back to my old 7-yr old Samsung phone.
Hate to break it to you, but essentially every cell phone is made in China and has been for a long, long time.

Remember: this thread is about front suspension noise; not your social commentary on Chinese produced goods.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
Samsung was/is made in S-Korea, not China, unless they also outsourced to cheap labor? You are right, no quality control! Last statement on this social commentary on Chinese produced goods. You have failed!

Thread starter #108
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
This guy is so laughable I don't even know where to start.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
You need to also learn how to spell English correctly, "laughable" it is not even a word in our English dictionary. Did you fail that test?

Last edited:
Thread starter #112
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Laughable

The word at hand is ironically perfect for the regression of this thread.
This.

Let's ignore the distraction and get back to the original topic - I just had my car fixed yesterday. No noise anymore as I could tell, so I'll probably report back if it comes back (which hopefully it doesn't).
Wish everyone here Merry Christmas and hope your cars, if not fixed yet, will be brand new soon

Rhetoric

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
This.

Let's ignore the distraction and get back to the original topic - I just had my car fixed yesterday. No noise anymore as I could tell, so I'll probably report back if it comes back (which hopefully it doesn't).
Wish everyone here Merry Christmas and hope your cars, if not fixed yet, will be brand new soon
That’s excellent news!

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
Good news, I hope the replacements last longer than the original OEM's

Last edited:

Sal Collaziano

Buick: World Class Luxury
Staff member
Royal Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Buick Ownership
None right now
China is a big place and a while a lot of bad products come out of it, there are also a lot of good products. When you have so many people producing things, there tends to be a lot of good AND bad... It's easier to see the bad.

Please keep personal attacks at bay. Attack ideas, not people. Thank you...

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Like I posted before, mostly living in Central Florida where the temps warm up quickly, by the time I get to my dealer (who is quite close), the temps warm up enough that the front suspension noise disappears. Dealer wants to hear it before they put it on the RO.

I've phoned Buick and have a "Case Number", plus the TSB number. Because it is not dangerous, and is quiet when it warms up, I'll wait until I go in for my first oil change, then insist they add the problem to the RO and I will give them a copy of the TSB.

Just hope I don't have to go to either NY or NM for family emergencies while weather is cold, as the noise would drive me crazy.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Got my new control arms on my car today after about a six week wait. The noise is gone! Only offending rattle left in the car is something in the right rear door area.

Blandon, PA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Got my new control arms on my car today after about a six week wait. The noise is gone! Only offending rattle left in the car is something in the right rear door area.

That's interesting. I have a noise coming from the same right rear door area. At first I thought it was the rear cargo bar but not too sure now.

So far, no front suspension noise. Temps in the 30's to 50's over the past few weeks with 2,000 miles.

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Next Friday I made an appointment for 7am for the dealer to hear my suspension noise. I intentionally made it that time so I can ride with the technician and instruct them how to replicate the noise.

As far as the other noise...
Only offending rattle left in the car is something in the right rear door area.
I have a noise coming from the same right rear door area. At first I thought it was the rear cargo bar but not too sure now.
Do you both have sunroofs? I've always thought that noise was coming from the sunroof as the body torques a bit. That noise happens when I'm turning sharply into my driveway and ride over the gutter curb.

Welcome to the group carmudgeon! You'll appreciate the TourX as you spend more time with it.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.