Front Suspension Noise - Looking for Similar Experience!

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Do you both have sunroofs? I've always thought that noise was coming from the sunroof as the body torques a bit. That noise happens when I'm turning sharply into my driveway and ride over the gutter curb.
Yeah, I have the sunroof. There was definitely a rattle from that when the shade was open that seems to have gone away after I've left the shade open for a few months. I agree that it has some "torque" noises in situations like you describe.

I think this might be something different. The rattle in question is always there over bumps and might be related to the right rear seat somehow. I though maybe the seatbelts, but even when those are buckled it rattles. When I get chauffeured back there to try and locate it, it is quiet. :confused: I will probably bring it up at my next oil change... Losing the rattles of my old car to pick up rattles in a new "quiet tuned" car with 4k miles on the odometer is not sitting right with me.

Of course, when I test drove the car, it had no rattles. It was quite warm out, plus the sales person was sitting in the offending area. The dealership shuttled me to work in a GMC Terrain when my Buick was getting new control arms, and that thing felt really solid; totally free of rattles. I feel like even after I get that rattle in my Buick resolved, it will never be as quiet going over rough pavement as that vehicle was.

At first I thought it was the rear cargo bar but not too sure now.
I took the cargo cover out of my car and it still rattles.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Cutting pieces of roof off makes body more prone to flexing and maybe more noises. Glad do not have in mine, since rarely used in other vehicle.

Buick Ownership
Buick
had the front a frames replaced couple months ago..rattles gone....just realized the start/stop engine function has not worked since that time....they must have disconnected something cause even when I take car on long trip the engine doesnt stop when I come to a full stop....

2018TourX

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Well just got another call from the dealer service department. Parts have not arrived and NOW there is no longer an ETA. Its been over 4 weeks. Pretty sad GM/BUICK!! Guess that explains why they are going bankrupt again.
FINALLY!!! The front lower control arms have been replaced, along with a reprogram to fix the blank Speed Limit sign. And yes there is no longer any front suspension noise.

2018TourX

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Did they tell you the parts are available? My dealer told me they are still on backorder for my GS.
It took over 6 weeks for my dealer to get the parts in after I first brought the car in for the suspension noise. The lower control arm replacement is not under a recall, so you have to complain about it before they will order the parts. IMO, this should be a recall.

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Did they tell you the parts are available? My dealer told me they are still on backorder for my GS.

This problem was confirmed on my TourX this morning by the dealer.

They said the right side control arm is not in stock in the 2 warehouses they typically pull from and that they will perform a different type of inventory search. I'll post again when I hear back from them.

dmr02

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
18 Regal GS
I am in Canada so might be a bit different. I work at a Buick dealer and the tech I usually deal with just told me about the TSB and recall and went ahead and ordered the parts. I had complained about the noise awhile back, nice to know there is a fix!

After reading more into this post I am sure I will be waiting awhile like most!

carmudgeon

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Tourx
Took mine in this morning. Even with the freakishly warm weather is was easy to duplicate the noise. Parts are on backorder, no ETA, just told 'weeks'.

The part numbers listed on the RO are:

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Even after the fix, the suspention still makes some similar-sounding creaks and rattles over larger bumps or heaves in the road. It's now down to something I hear once or twice a week instead of multiple times per day as it was before the fix. It also may be related to how cold it is here. Regardless, I still wonder how this suspension made it through cold weather testing as a pass.

DoUSail2

Buick Ownership
Her 2018 Regal TourX Essence, Frost, Convenience 1&2, S&S
Ours goes in Wednesday for new Lower Control Arms and it first Oil change at just over 3000 miles.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Even after the fix, the suspention still makes some similar-sounding creaks and rattles over larger bumps or heaves in the road. It's now down to something I hear once or twice a week instead of multiple times per day as it was before the fix. It also may be related to how cold it is here. Regardless, I still wonder how this suspension made it through cold weather testing as a pass.
Your sh..ing me!!
It has just reduced noise not eliminated it?
I had been wondering if good to be one of first fixers or not.
Dealer got parts in but have not had done yet, may wait till they fix the fix...either parts or install procedure.
PS Who the hell is running GM....Chevy??? Ooo thats right...

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.