• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Frustrated!

Blu05

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2005 Buick Lacrosse
So it has been about 3 weeks since I have replaced my drivers side front door seal to discover it STILL leaks water when it rains. I'm ready to give up on this thing, I've replaced the seal TWICE and I'm stumped as to why it still leaks. I've tried adjusting the seal to the proper placement on the pinch weld around the door frame. I don't have the necessary tool to adjust the door striker for a tighter door-to-body fit but it seems like a dealer only option. Not spending 100's of dollars for a defective part on a 14 year old car! I want a dry interior and not have water dripping on my arm when I'm driving. Any advice would surely help! Car is a 2005 Buick lacrosse

Arthur_Davies

A Regular
Buick Ownership
2006 Lacrosse CX
I don't have any answers for you, just empathy. The driver's door leaks a bit on my 2006. Nothing major, enough to be annoying.

I don't have the necessary tool to adjust the door striker for a tighter door-to-body fit but it seems like a dealer only option. Not spending 100's of dollars for a defective part on a 14 year old car!

I think you're on to something here. I have zero intention of going to the dealer, but there's an independent body shop in my town my mechanic recommends highly. The kind of place where bits of fender lie rusting next to oil drums and the carcass of a '72 Skylark on the forecourt. Perhaps he can fix it for less than the dealer.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Sounds too as the open/close sequence may not be closing window completely. My point in case relates to my Boss Mustang. Those windows lower and raise approx. 3/8th of an inch every time door is open and closed. Guess it’s to insure a sealed fit of glass and insure tight door latch without interior air pressure issue.

If those windows don’t open or close completely a sequence is used to return to default setting. Buick must be similar for full open/close cycles; not closing fully for seal. Everything is different yet the same these days.......