Fuel Fill Door

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Anyone know how to open the fuel fill door i if the door gets stuck closed? I don't know how!

Previous cars had a manual pull located in the trunk, but can't find any info in owners manual, and can't find anyplace where a manual opener would be located.

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
you are pushing the door in to release it?
You misunderstand.

When car is locked, fuel door will not open. This is how it should be. Sometimes, the realease mechanism may not unlock the fuel door as it may be jammed with dirt. . Other cars have an emergency mechanical release in the trunk. Pull a cord and it unlocks the fuel door. My other cars have this release but can't find anything about it for this car.

IL
Buick Ownership
none
I've only ever seen a manual release mechanism on fuel doors with an interior switch or pull handle to open the fuel door. I've not seen it one cars with the "push fuel door to open" design. Doesn't mean they're not out there, though.

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
My last three cars, plus my wife's present car, has a "hidden panel" in the trunk. Open the panel and pull the cord. Pops the fuel door open, or with one car, unlocks the thingy that keeps the fuel door locked.

There must be a way but I can't find it.

I'm with gobluetwo, I doubt there is one for a simple push to open type of filler door. An emergency release would only be necessary on a filler door that had a remote release mechanism for regular use.

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
If there was a way, I think the manual would detail it. Page 229 says unlock the doors and push. There is no other release accessible from the inside of the car that is documented.
My last three cars, plus my wife's present car, has a "hidden panel" in the trunk. Open the panel and pull the cord. Pops the fuel door open, or with one car, unlocks the thingy that keeps the fuel door locked.

There must be a way but I can't find it.

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
What happens if there is an electrical failure, or a lock failure on the fuel door. There will be no way to open that fuel door short of breaking the fuel door to get to the fuel filler. Other cars I've had (and presently have) have a mechanical emergency release. Pull the emergency cord and it unlocks the fuel door.

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Again, not to be repetative, but you have a concern regarding this fuel door and I don't think you will get a answer here so stop by or call a Buick dealer and ask them for details on this and what to do in the event of a failure.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.