Fuel filter location on a 1994 buick lesabre...

Daniel B

Buick Newbie
...custom ? i want to change my fuel filter on my 1994 buick lesabre custom and i want to know where the fuel filter is located.Thanks.

imidazol97

Top Dog
I believe the body would be the same as my 93. IIRC the filter is next to the rail for the front stub frame on the right side. It was right under the passenger's feet, in other words.

The suggestion about tracing the fuel lines may be your best method. I think you've got three different locations suggested here. I apologize if I'm wrong (again).

deedubya3800

Tennessee
Buick Ownership
1990 & 1994 Buick LeSabre Custom
Since this thread is still the first result coming up on Google for people searching for the fuel filter location on a 1994 Buick LeSabre, and I just replaced mine, I'm going to chime in.

The factory service manual is full of lies. It says it's under the front of the car next to the right frame rail. It also says it has quick connectors front and back.

The truth is it's located under the right rear passenger seat, just ahead of the wheel well, and only the back (input) side has a quick connector and the front (output) has the traditional screw-on fitting.

commodore_dude

Alpharetta, GA
Buick Ownership
1998 LeSabre Custom
Figured I'd tag onto this thread rather than start a new one. Is there a decent guide to changing the fuel filter anywhere? Had the oil changed this weekend and the shop is recommending a new fuel filter at 60k miles. Per the service records I received with the car, it was last changed at about 30k miles. RockAuto has the AC Delco filter for about $10, and if it can be changed on jackstands with basic hand tools and no special equipment or fluid draining that seems far preferable to the $65 the shop wants (I'm no stranger to other maintenance tasks that only require basic hand tools, like changing spark plugs or an alternator). The Chilton and Haynes manuals seem way too broad to be useful, and I'm having trouble finding a very specific PDF GM manual like I have for my Jeep that ONLY covers the specific year and model.

gwhit

Buick Ownership
1994 lesabre
i have a 1994 buick lesabre and tried to replace the fuel filter that everyone say is located under rear passenger side. i traced fuel line and found no filter.. where else could it be located.

Homer Jay

New York
Buick Ownership
2001 LeSabre
i have a 1994 buick lesabre and tried to replace the fuel filter that everyone say is located under rear passenger side. i traced fuel line and found no filter.. where else could it be located.
Assuming you're not the orginal owner, it's possible the fuel line was damaged/rusted and was replaced without a fuel filter.

imidazol97

Top Dog
I thought I'd repalced the filter on my 93. It's under the passenger's left foot. Careful with the jackstands for safety or drive wheels on one side up on a tall curb to get room to get under the car...

Here's my post from my 1993 leSabre era.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!