• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Fuel Pump Lock Ring ('02 Custom)

Anryan2

Buick Ownership
LeSabre
Trying to unstick the lockrinf on the fuel pump and can't get it to budge, any idea's?

BK3

A Regular
Buick Ownership
2002 Century
I had a similar issue on my '00. Soaked it for a week with PB Blaster, still wouldn't budge.
I got frustrated and took an air hammer to it and finally got it off.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
There are wrench like tools made for removal, not sure if it's a rental item at parts store. Going on above statement, soaking with some type of solution PB WD 40 etc., let soak overnight and try hitting it at different sections moving around which may take several attempts. The idea is to loosen all the surface that may be still holding and not just one area. Make sure you wipe off the excess solution prior to pulling out the pump.

The other thing is to try to drive the, assuming screwdriver, as flat as possible to the ring. Another tool that may help is a body plastic faster removal tool as it has a flat angle and a hooked end hope this helps.
shopping.jpeg

Alan 55

Buick Newbie
Florida
Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Park Avenue, previously owned 1997 Park Avenue
Trying to unstick the lockrinf on the fuel pump and can't get it to budge, any idea's?
First of all consider the issue of safety around gasoline or gasoline fumes. Use a brass drift to avoid sparks!
I had a similar problem and ordered a lock ring removal tool from Amazon which worked great without any hammering. I think that it was a KD tool brand.

Pedal Commander