Fuel question

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Owners manual seems to suggest premium for best mileage and performance, it is a turbocharged engine.

BradR.G.

Buick Ownership
Cascada Premium
See page 20 of the Cascada Owners Manuel. Premium is suggested, however 87 may be used as well. I may get fewer MPG but I didn't think the increased cost for premium fuel was worth the cost.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
See page 20 of the Cascada Owners Manuel. Premium is suggested, however 87 may be used as well. I may get fewer MPG but I didn't think the increased cost for premium fuel was worth the cost.
Your engine, but I would never use 87 on a regular basis on a turbo engine.

Majic

Buick Ownership
2018 Encore Eccence
I read that but wondered if anyone had anything positive or negative to say.

Majic

Buick Ownership
2018 Encore Eccence
Your engine, but I would never use 87 on a regular basis on a turbo engine.
Compression and programming determine requirement....the turbo is on the exhaust side....it doesn't care what gas creates the exhaust that spins it.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Compression and programming determine requirement....the turbo is on the exhaust side....it doesn't care what gas creates the exhaust that spins it.
But the turbos output forces additional air into the combustion chamber and the knock sensor will retard timing to compensate for the 87 and if that 87 octane gas is marginal in its octane value, results will be unpredictable. Better run 89 octane to cover your engines butt.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!