• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Full Synthetic Oil

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
A couple weeks ago, someone on this forum, a Buick dealership employee, posted that all Buick/GMC dealers are now using only full Synthetic AC Delco oil. No Synthetic blends.

A couple months ago, I spoke with one of the guys in the back of the building where the bulk oil is stored. He has no ax to grind. Said that a GM AC/Delco truck comes in to fill the tanks. Did not think to ask if they fill with only Full Synthetic or Synthetic Blend, or regular oil for that matter. Visiting dealer Monday or Tuesday and will ask the guys in the back again.

Hey, Buick Dealer employee. Tell us again. Are dealers only using Full Synthetic AC Delco?

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I just had my oil changed, service manager took me to bulk tank and it had correct labeling.
Then after change checked oil dipstick... put some between my thumb and finger..it passed test.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
I just had my oil changed, service manager took me to bulk tank and it had correct labeling.
Then after change checked oil dipstick... put some between my thumb and finger..it passed test.
So was it Full Synthetic?

JORDANSILVERNAIL

HOUSTON, TX
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS, 2014 Regal GS
A couple weeks ago, someone on this forum, a Buick dealership employee, posted that all Buick/GMC dealers are now using only full Synthetic AC Delco oil. No Synthetic blends.

A couple months ago, I spoke with one of the guys in the back of the building where the bulk oil is stored. He has no ax to grind. Said that a GM AC/Delco truck comes in to fill the tanks. Did not think to ask if they fill with only Full Synthetic or Synthetic Blend, or regular oil for that matter. Visiting dealer Monday or Tuesday and will ask the guys in the back again.

Hey, Buick Dealer employee. Tell us again. Are dealers only using Full Synthetic AC Delco?
I work in a GM service department, and I have mentioned that MOST dealers have phased out semi syn and conventional. however......i never said all of them..........reading comprehension is critical bud. especially in smaller towns, they may still carry conventional and semi syn. My dealer as well as many others are only offering full synthetic. Take that to the bank

Last edited:

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Ok. Was at dealer today but forgot to ask. Will do that next time I go.

BTW. FWIW. With my other car, that I pay for oil changes. I visit my former Mercedes dealer and buy a case of Mercedes Full Synthetic,
5w-40 that meets the Mercedes 229.5 spec. Parts guy sells it to me for the same or less than Mobil-1 Euro Spec 0w-40 that is sold in Walmart. Last time, it cost me $36.xx for case of six.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Amazon has Shell Rottella T6 5w-40 for $20 per Gal. Appears to meet mb228.31.
Does your vvehicle have a PF?

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Buick Ownership
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Wagon
Ok. Was at dealer today but forgot to ask. Will do that next time I go.

BTW. FWIW. With my other car, that I pay for oil changes. I visit my former Mercedes dealer and buy a case of Mercedes Full Synthetic,
5w-40 that meets the Mercedes 229.5 spec. Parts guy sells it to me for the same or less than Mobil-1 Euro Spec 0w-40 that is sold in Walmart. Last time, it cost me $36.xx for case of six.
Hmmm...Walmart sells 0w-40 5 qt jugs for $22.88. Amazon often matches it. Are you using new math?

Last edited:

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Walmart's prices are sometimes very regional. How much will people (in your area) pay for this?
You can order online for store price, seems stores sell out of jugs of basic Mobil1 at $22....Walmart.com is good.
I still have not sent rebate, can not decide if I want to try new submission of form and receipts, or snail mail.

Hunter Mike

America’s Dairyland
Buick Ownership
Dark Moon 19 Buick Opel Vauxhall Insignia Country Tourer Regal TourX Essence Estate Wagon
You can order online for store price, seems stores sell out of jugs of basic Mobil1 at $22....Walmart.com is good.
I still have not sent rebate, can not decide if I want to try new submission of form and receipts, or snail mail.
Do the new form, works fine. I use mobile deposit and it worked perfectly.

Mobile deposit for Mobil oil...ha!

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Hmmm...Walmart sells 0w-40 5 qt jugs for $22.88. Amazon often matches it. Are you using new math?
Walmart sells Mobil1 0w-40 5 qt jugs for $22.88 in my local store. With the rebates going on, that excellent.

Their Super Tech Brand was like $14.88 for 5-30) Full Syn. Did Motor Oil come down in Price?

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Do the new form, works fine. I use mobile deposit and it worked perfectly.

Mobile deposit for Mobil oil...ha!
Cool thanks Bud, hard for us older guys...still have trouble setting VCR, I mean cloud.
Just send them text back with photos of receipts and form?

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
I was talking about the Mobil-1 EURO SPEC (or whatever it’s called) 0w-40 in quart bottles, not the regular Mobil-1 0w-40 in 5 quart jugs. The Euro Spec meets the Meecwdes 229.5 spec.

Pedal Commander