Gas cap cover locked

Thread starter #1
The cover for the gas cap is locked and cannot be opened. Owners manual indicaates the cover is locked when the doors are locked. I checked this out and made sure the doors were unlocked. Still could not open. Anyone else have this problem? I have a 2016 Cascada.

Sal Collaziano

Buick: World Class Luxury
Staff member
Buick Ownership
None right now
Took the car in for service and they had to order a new part. They manually unlocked the fuel cap door so I could get gasoline for the car. Thanks for your input.
Well I'm glad to hear they got it fixed. But jeez - imagine being on a road trip, almost being out of gas, and unable to open the gas cap?

Thread starter #5
Actually, that did happen to a Cascada owner. She was no where near a dealer and needed gas. She was instructed to break open the door and they fixed the gas cap door when she got home. Car also had to go to the repair shop to fix the damaged door. Hope this doesn't happen too often.

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
The most insane addition to any vehicle I have ever seen!! Buick needs to make it right!

carldc

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I used to own a Saturn Astra, which is a very close cousin of the Cascada (both are Opel Astras). This issue popped up on Astra boards, too (though it never personally happened to me). For them, there's an access panel in the trunk where a cable could be tugged to open the cap. I haven't checked the trunk to see if Cascadas have the same setup.

carldc

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
From the Saturnfans Astra discussion site (Caution: while the Astra and Cascada are close cousins, I don't know if this applies):
" Re: Fuel Door wont unlock
ok if anyone wants to know i took it to the dealership today. They hadnt seen it happen before, but they think its the solenoid so they orderd the part today. In the mean time however as saturnracer said in the back theres an access pannel on the right side and theres is a single black cable(not the one going to the tail light) that if you follow down you will feel a steel cable that if you pull or push will manually operate the lock.
at least i can put gas in it again. wasnt sure if i was gonna make it on the way to the dealer."

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.