• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

gas mileage

southpaw

Buick Newbie
bought a new 05 lacrosse. good, quiet ride and handles well. however, mileage so far has been a best of 22. this car should get much better mileage. anyone else checked thier mileage?

southpaw

Buick Newbie
buick lacrosse gas mileage

my driving is a combination of city and highway. does not seem to make any difference if it is city or highway driving. still gets only 20 to 21 mpg. with the 380 engine it should get MUCH BETTER MILEAGE, going to take it to dealership to have it checked. not satisfied at all. when you consider the lesabres and even park avenues with same motot got from 25 to 33 mpg.

thejmfc

Jenison, MI
Have you ever taken a long highway trip with it and calculated the mileage?

Also, are you actually calculating the mileage, or does the car have an onboard mileage indicator that you're relying on? I'm not really familiar with these cars, so I don't know if they have that or not.

WhenenRome

Los Angeles / Pasadena area
Buick Ownership
2005 LaCrosse CXS, 2015 Regal -T
Sorry you're having a bad experience with yours, Southpaw. We love ours; as far as being satisfied, it's probably the best ownership experience we've ever had (so far, anyway). We're really impressed by the fact the car has had absolutely no problems in these first 6 months - not as much as even a squeak or a rattle. That's a first for us.

About the specific issue of fuel economy... You have a different engine than ours, but you might have the same as Liberty's CXL - and it sounds like his mileage is coming across better. Our CXS of course has the the 3.6L engine, and it gets about 17 on streets and around 30 on highways.

And hey Jon: yes, at least in our case, the LaCrosse has an on-board trip computer. That's probably where Southpaw's gathering his info from.

thejmfc

Jenison, MI
I love those onboard computers. Had one in a Grand Prix...

Anyway, the reason I ask is that if I remember right, on my GP at least, the mileage just kept a running average of however many miles you'd driven since the last time you reset it. So, if that's true of his car, and he's never reset it... 22 mpg is his average, not his best ever. Which makes it far more reasonable, depending on the kind of driving that he does in it.

If you reset it while driving on the highway, the numbers should look far better.

That's making a lot of guesses and assumptions, but that's my train of thought.

southpaw

Buick Newbie
my lacrosse has the 3.6 engine. i am getting my figures by dividing actual miles driven by the number of gallons when i fill up. that is a true figure. does not seem to make any difference whether city or highway. have taken several 150 mile trips and mileage difference is negligible.

macman

Buick Newbie
have driven my cxl since late june and gas mileage has been consistant, 18 mpg in the city and 28 to 30 on the road. Gas mileage was as I expected. Good ride, back seat a little cramped. Overall a very nice car. Macman

Pedal Commander