Gas Smell in Enclave

mrs.tracyharper

Buick Ownership
2015 Enclave
I just purchased a 2015 Buick Enclave and I am in love. My problem is, it hasn't even been a month yet and I smell gas every time I crank the car. Of course I called the dealership and dropped it off. They can't find a cause. They say they don't smell it, yet my husband, Aunt, and I do! I am at a loss of what to do. Take it to another mechanic? I haven't even made the first payment on it and it needs a repair. What are your thoughts, suggestions? I don't want to say the dealership isn't being thorough, but....I know I shouldn't be smelling gas!

DocBrown

Buick Ownership
2016 Encore Sport Touring
Take it to another dealership. Any GM dealer can work on it and must honor the warranty (if you have one). If you have no warranty take it to an independent shop. On the flip side, take it to a park away from other cars and see if you still smell gas.

mrs.tracyharper

Buick Ownership
2015 Enclave
Take it to another dealership. Any GM dealer can work on it and must honor the warranty (if you have one). If you have no warranty take it to an independent shop. On the flip side, take it to a park away from other cars and see if you still smell gas.
I think I may take the other dealership route or go to my mechanic. The head mechanic at the dealership I bought it from is really annoyed sounding over the phone. I may be projecting, but I don't think so. I can hear him sigh when I talk to him. They claim they don't smell it, and when I call to give more details he doesn't really want to hear what I have to say. My personal mechanic always does a great job, so I may just go to him. I have never had a dealership or mechanic not listen to me like theirs does.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
You smell it every time you start it or only first thing in the morning?
Do you have a check engine light on?

Regal LTD Coupe

Buick Ownership
1993 Buick Regal Limited coupe 3800
So you smell gas primarily when the car is started with remote start.. is it something you first notice outside or when sitting inside the car?

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Is the gas on the interior or exterior of the vehicle? First start of the day or continuous? Level of gas in the tank? Weather conditions temperature? Mileage on vehicle? On the HVAC control are they set to recirculation or fresh intake?

The environment when you smell the gas is important to note to reproduce if not a continuous. There are components on the fuel and evap system that would need to be inspected, but it's not necessarily a single answer or part so proper troubleshooting may be the answer.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!