Gear shift shortener

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OHIO
Buick Ownership
Turbo Envision
Does the Regal have the button to engage reverse like the Verano?

laloggia

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal T-02
We are definitely in need of this part...but for $282.00 USD shipped, it's alittle pricey. Hopefully we can get another manufacturer to step up and produce this.

MIDUN

Chicago, Illinois
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS Smoky Grey 6 MT IPF M-Tech GSS
You are right, the default is Dutch, not German. Oops.

In any case, that shifter does look like a very nice piece, although I agree that $280-ish is a bit steep.

Someone should try to get a bulk discount on that one... perhaps someone that speaks Dutch.
Maybe one of our business sponsors can offer it as a package with a limited slip diff (Quaife or Wavetrac)?

WHITEGS13

4.6L Northstar Member
CT.
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Regal GS
I'd be in for a group buy if someone is willing to contact the company selling the shifter.:D

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OHIO
Buick Ownership
Turbo Envision
I just checked my '13 Verano Turbo 6-speed and it has similar linkage.

Modifying the stock piece is possible DIY depending on if you keep the dual weight and if you wanted shorter throw in neutral. If the weight was left on, changing the cable mounting point could make it much more heavier, requiring more effort. Just have to remove the stamped in connection nipple and drill a hole based on the distance to the fulcrum for a new one. I don't think they can be just repositioned as they may get destroyed removing them.

trevgtp

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
ordered a few nights ago-they should arrive in a week and i'll let you all know. FYI the link is for the V6 Turbo and we have the 4, different part number, but SAME PART. I freaked out when I found out I ordered the "wrong one" but the rep claims the 170050 and 170040 are the same..SMH

TimLang

Hunter, NY
Buick Ownership
12 Regal GS Turbo
I emailed both B&M and TWM about short shiftersa while back. Informed them i could organize a group buy of 20+. Havent heard back. I emailed both sales and customer service. Pathetic

But ill be looking at swapping over to the 14 AWD.. After i do that, ill work on contacting them over the phone until they give me some sort of an answer.

Tim

trevgtp

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
the way i figured it, a short shifter for any other car is 200$ or more-this is a bolt on and if i ever get rid of the car i can take it out and sell it back to someone on this forum. i actually don't hate the shifter but i got a new job and now i'm smack dab in traffic both ways and shifting is a chore-so i either get rid of this car for an auto (never) or change something with the shifting effort and throw and i hope this should help a bit

MIDUN

Chicago, Illinois
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS Smoky Grey 6 MT IPF M-Tech GSS
ordered a few nights ago-they should arrive in a week and i'll let you all know. FYI the link is for the V6 Turbo and we have the 4, different part number, but SAME PART. I freaked out when I found out I ordered the "wrong one" but the rep claims the 170050 and 170040 are the same..SMH
Do keep us informed. I've been saying "short shifter" since I got this car. (Don't get me wrong, I think it's a miracle that a Buick even has a manual. It just needs a ... well ... short shifter.)

There are a few listed for the Insignia .. Which one would work for the 2013 GS ? From day one this has been on the top of my list of mods to accomplish .. I've emailed TWM and they replied saying they currently don't make anything that would work for this car (simple answer and not even a hint of it being possible in the future) so this seems like the only option as of right now ..

WHITEGS13

4.6L Northstar Member
CT.
Buick Ownership
2013 Buick Regal GS
For some reason it says the shifter will only work on "pre-2013" models. Did GM/Opel change something on the transmission in 2013?

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.