• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Gearshift Knob

The Shark

North Carolina
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence Rioja Red Metallic
I installed a new gearshift knob I picked up on eBay from China for $7.50. It's a little smaller than the OEM but I like the faux perforated leather, has a nice feel to it. Had to modify how the gearshift boot attached to the knob, the OEM has this black plastic collar that is held on by a c-clip, that wouldn't fit around the new one so I just used a zip tie. The photo also shows the carbon fiber surround I installed. I don't know about you guys but the glare I was getting off the chrome one from the sun at certain times of the day was really annoying.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Can you provide a link to that shift knob? I kind of like the look and love that it won't show prints like the stock unit.

The Shark

North Carolina
Buick Ownership

Jwmsa17

Buick Ownership
TourX
What about that CF shift surround? Glare from the chrome is brutal at times.

trflesher

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Sportback
I installed a new gearshift knob I picked up on eBay from China for $7.50. It's a little smaller than the OEM but I like the faux perforated leather, has a nice feel to it. Had to modify how the gearshift boot attached to the knob, the OEM has this black plastic collar that is held on by a c-clip, that wouldn't fit around the new one so I just used a zip tie. The photo also shows the carbon fiber surround I installed. I don't know about you guys but the glare I was getting off the chrome one from the sun at certain times of the day was really annoying.
View attachment 16226View attachment 16224
It's a cover over the chrome one. Pretty easy to install and is a very good fit.
Looks Great!! Am i the only one annoyed by the buttons/knock-outs just in front of the gear shift. I have the Buick Sportback preferred II ... so none of those are actually buttons for anything for me ... kind of wish they just replaced the whole thing with a solid piece .. as I keep wanting to push buttons that aren't actually buttons :)

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
So how is this holding up for you? Is the unit showing any wear? Is the trigger still working normally? Sometimes I find these cheap replacement parts look great at first but the "chrome" flakes off quick or the "leather" starts to change sheen from use. If all is going well I may order one of these when I get back from vacation and give it a go.

The Shark

North Carolina
Buick Ownership
So how is this holding up for you? Is the unit showing any wear? Is the trigger still working normally? Sometimes I find these cheap replacement parts look great at first but the "chrome" flakes off quick or the "leather" starts to change sheen from use. If all is going well I may order one of these when I get back from vacation and give it a go.
Actually it still works pretty well and the appearance doesn't seem to have changed. I'm pretty satisfied especially considering how cheap they are.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Yeah...wasn't so much the cost of the part; I hate when I invest a bunch of time into something and end up removing it. How hard was it to remove the shifter console and get the old knob off? Do you have any tips?

Missourifarmer

Buick Ownership
Tour x
Shark - how do you remove the gear shift cover? just ordered it from ebay .. that glare bothered my wife the first drive.. Happy wife happy life.. so time to get out the chrome!

Nice_car

Buick Ownership
Sports back
Looks Great!! Am i the only one annoyed by the buttons/knock-outs just in front of the gear shift. I have the Buick Sportback preferred II ... so none of those are actually buttons for anything for me ... kind of wish they just replaced the whole thing with a solid piece .. as I keep wanting to push buttons that aren't actually buttons :)
Yep I have the same model , I hate that and all the black plastic, behide the door handles , window switches , on the steering wheel, music volume area , open cup holder, I feel sorry for some one with lower trim level because I’m not impressed with trim on mine

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Yep I have the same model , I hate that and all the black plastic, behide the door handles , window switches , on the steering wheel, music volume area , open cup holder, I feel sorry for some one with lower trim level because I’m not impressed with trim on mine
What's sad to me is when you look at my wife's 2016 1st gen Terrain SLE the "blanks" aren't that obvious. They designed the interior in a way that you can tell where features will be added but not in a way that those with lower trim levels get it "shoved in their face" that they "cheaped out".

GM I swear it's "one step forward is two steps back."

Nice_car

Buick Ownership
Sports back
Looks very nice 👍🏽