• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Get to Know Your 2018+ Regal: New Model Features Service Bulletin

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Service Bulletin, 17-NA-376: 2018 Buick Regal New Model Features, is a special bulletin to introduce the 2018+ Regal GS, Sportback, and TourX models. The purpose of this bulletin is to help the Service Department Personnel become familiar with some of the vehicle’s new features and capabilities.

It contains a lot of information that isn't stated in our manuals or is difficult to find online. Covered in this bulletin are detailed descriptions of the engine, transmission, infotainment, cluster, tires, sound insulation, and safety technologies. Some of this information is nothing new for longtime owners, but it is invaluable for new owners or prospective buyers.

The bulletin is attached as a PDF and also linked on the NHTSA website.

Attachments

• 17-NA-376 2018 Buick Regal New Model Features.pdf
    9.8 MB · Views: 261

bollox74

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
"The TourX is a crossover...."

if it allows me to get my windows tinted in the state of MN, FINE, call it what you must.
It will always be a wagon in my heart.

adam728

Buick Ownership
Buick
Cool document, thanks. I like that it has some actual information, vs the owners manual that is 90% safety warnings and disclaimers.

Hamilton, New Zealand
Buick Ownership
2019 Holden ZB Commodore RSV Liftback 3.6 AWD
In the spirit of sharing information here's a Holden document. It mentions the V6 option was specifically added at Holden's request.

In one of the threads on here someone asked about and LSD. I see this document mentions an electric LSD on the AWD model. Perhaps it's a reference to the twinster system

Attachments

• 2018 Holden Commodore Product Information.pdf
    750.1 KB · Views: 35

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
In the spirit of sharing information here's a Holden document. It mentions the V6 option was specifically added at Holden's request.

In one of the threads on here someone asked about and LSD. I see this document mentions an electric LSD on the AWD model. Perhaps it's a reference to the twinster system
"I see this document mentions an electric LSD on the AWD model. Perhaps it's a reference to the twinster system"

At least her in the US at the launch event GM set up a test to show how only one wheel of the AWD Twinster system needed any traction to get the car moving forward. So weird that they never sold the TourX version in Canada.

I'm also mystified that Honda and Hyundai (as examples) won't put LSD in their Accord 2.0T or the Sonata N-line.

Hamilton, New Zealand
Buick Ownership
At least her in the US at the launch event GM set up a test to show how only one wheel of the AWD Twinster system needed any traction to get the car moving forward. So weird that they never sold the TourX version in Canada.
I've seen a video of something similar. There's a warning somewhere about not putting the AWD version on a rolling dyno. All the power goes to the "stationary" wheels and the vehicle will do it's level best to drive off the dyno.

The Tour X wasn't sold in AU/NZ either but we had a V6 version called the Tourer. We also had a version called the Sportwagon which was available in both 2.0 L and V6.

The liftback was available in 2.0 L and V6 in a variety of trim levels LT (2.0 L only), RS (2.0L AU and NZ, and V6 AU only), RSV and VXR (both V6 only) with the VXR being the equivalent of the GS.

Also there was the Calais (luxury model) with the 2.0 L and V6 engines as well as the wagon.

Also as I mentioned elsewhere AWD was not available with the 2.0 L engine..

Last edited:

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
It'd be funnier if it wasn't true...
Or information that other manufacturer don't put in their owner's manual. See these 4 pages about how to wear the seat belt.
Lawyers working hard!
1610863100457.png

1610863118686.png
1610863128557.png
1610863141674.png

Hamilton, New Zealand
Buick Ownership
At least the Holden owners manual isn't padded with that sort of condescending BS. Fortunately they give their owners some credit for not being completely stupid. I'm sure our level of intelligence is no different to the US, Canada or anywhere else. I feel sorry for you guys.

wagonlover56

Silicon Valley CA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence April 2018 Build Date
Sadly, manufacturers of just about everything have to put detailed instructions and warnings in manuals and in/on products to help prevent being sued. The McDonalds coffee incident is a famous one - they were sued by a woman who spilled hot coffee on herself. She won the suit and now McDonalds puts a caution on coffee cups "CAUTION-CONTENTS IS HOT".

Regarding "The TourX is a crossover...." in the dealer information bulletin, I'm sure that GM wanted dealers to call the TourX a crossover for fear that it wouldn't sell otherwise. We all know that NO ONE in the U.S. wants to be seen in a (GASP!) station wagon!

skypilot_1

Buick Ownership
lookin at a Tourx
Interesting read. Thanks for posting that SB. Which brings up a question.
Are all TourX trim levels equipped with Pedestrian Impact Protection System (PIDS) ?

Hamilton, New Zealand
Buick Ownership
As far as I know the PIDS is part and parcel of the safety rating of this range of cars. That being the case it is fitted to all models. Other posters may have different information.

It's pretty easy to tell by lifting the bonnet (hood to you guys). You can see the mechanism and activation wiring on either side at the hinge points.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!
Protect your vehicle from code scanners