Glass Replacement - Tic Toc

bespinct

Buick Ownership
TourX
FUYAO is the OEM supplier for GM, and OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. The GM brand on the glass means little to none because either way it is not manufactured by GM.
Thanks for taking the pic. I hadn't done it before it was replaced. Great to see it's from the same vendor.

mooooo

Buick Ownership
tourx
Here is an original piece of glass.

FUYAO is the OEM supplier for GM, and OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer. The GM brand on the glass means little to none because either way it is not manufactured by GM.
The GM mark means that it meets the manufacturer's specifications. Not all products made by OE producers for a given application do. OEM factories often make an inferior grade of stuff for the aftermarket (or a different car manufacturer, who has different requirements). Sometimes they even produce superior products that cost less.
Of course, I don't know anything about the glass here; the provided one might be the same, or it might not. Fuyao certainly have the tooling to do it right, but there's lots of different grades of windshield glass.

I would not accept a non GM branded windshield as a warranty replacement, without the dealer asserting, in writing, that it was a GM provided part. Not just an equivalent, but sold by GM.

Ctrcbob

Buick Ownership
Regal Tour-X
Probably shipped from Germany and says "Opal" or "PSA".

IanMitch

Buick Ownership
1979 LeSabre, 2010 Enclave, 2018 TourX
The Windshield was installed today. I will pick it up tomorrow and will check for markings.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.