• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Go Fast Bits DV+ T9363 Diverter / Blow Off Valve GM vehicles with the 2.0 LTG engine

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
TourX Essence with Opel Insignia DNA.
This is a GREAT upgrade to the OEM diverter valve that uses a plastic piston in a skinny seal for diverter actuation. The OEM piston can cock and hang up on the bore. This causes stuttering in the boost pressure. The OEM unit is also open or closed.

The GoFastBits DV+ allows you to mimic that OR install the full kit with the progressive spring that allows the pressure to adjust before the solenoid commands open. Install took about 40 mins to do. The bottom bolt was a pain in the butt to get out, so be mentally prepared.

Great mod for these turbo cars, I went with the full install on my Tourx. The power delivery is much smoother, and this is reflected in the boost graph. Driveability is increased. One of my buddies couldn't believe how smooth the power and ride were in the Buick after the upgrade.

The factory valves in these cars are prone to failure due to two reasons. The first point of failure is the diaphragm. They are commonly known to rupture, especially when boost and temperature are increased as a result of the chip tuning. The second area of failure is the plastic piston within the valve which does not seal well and does not close completely after a high-boost gear shift.

One thing I did notice was GM OEM internal parts were cheap plastic and brittle. Everything with the diverter valve is high quality and metal. A must buy!!

As an additional benefit, the solenoid in the DV+ assembly no longer directly drives the movement of the piston, instead controlling the movement of the piston with boost pressure. This is known as “pilot operation”, which greatly increases the actuation forces within the valve, improving operation speed and reliability. Plus, the piston can now move progressively in response to how much boost pressure it needs to vent, instead of only fully open or closed like the factory diverter.

The result is sharper throttle response, lightning-fast valve actuation, and the ability to hold as much boost as you can throw at it.

Several aftermarket companies have approached solving the limitations in the OE electronic bypass valve in various ways, but GFB has taken a unique approach. With the DV+, rather than just beefing up the original design, they redesigned the entire valve control system to leverage the compressor boost to open the valve during an open event, and to hold the valve shut when it’s supposed to be closed.

Features and Benefits:
- Sharper throttle response
- Faster boost recovery on gearshift
- Solves boost leaking issues
- Black anodized
- No tune needed
- Direct fit replacement
- Exclusive “pilot-actuated” valve mechanism for rapid response at high boost
- Retains the factory solenoid coil for seamless integration
- Replaces plastic valve parts with metal for reliability and strength on chipped engines
- Direct-fit replacement with GFB’s TMS benefits

1597213917815.png

1597213943797.png

GFB DV + T9363 for OPEL Insignia A LTG 2.0L, Chevrolet & Cadillac / conversion kit for the original diverter valve
The new powerful GFB DV + diverter valve fits the following vehicles:
  • CHEVROLET Camaro 2.0 LTG (2015-On)
  • CHEVROLET Malibu 2.0 LTG (2013-On)
  • CADILLAC CT6 2.0 LTG (2016-2018)
  • CADILLAC CTS 2.0 LTG (2014-2019)
  • HOLDEN Commodore ZB 2.0 LTG (2017-On)
  • CADILLAC ATS 2.0 LTG (2012-2019)
  • OPEL Insignia A 2.0 LTG, (2013-2017)
By retaining the factory ECU control and recirculating the vented air, the DV+ T9363 is a purely performance-oriented product

Product Details

Worldwide PCT Patents and Design Patent Pending

• Retains the factory solenoid coil for seamless integration
  • Replaces plastic valve parts with metal for reliability, strength, and unlimited boost holding
  • Direct-fit replacement with GFB’s TMS benefits for improved throttle response
  • Exclusive “pilot-actuated” valve mechanism for fastest valve response
GFB expands the DV+ range with a direct-fit performance diverter solution for GM vehicles with the 2.0 LTG engine.
The solenoid coil itself from the factory-fitted diverter is great so why replace it? The weak point is the valve mechanism itself. GFB’s DV+ solves this problem by replacing the valve parts with an anodized billet aluminum housing, fitted with a brass piston machined to exacting tolerances.
As an additional benefit, the solenoid in the DV+ assembly no longer directly drives the movement of the piston, instead of controlling the movement of the piston with boost pressure. This is known as “pilot operation”, which greatly increases the actuation forces within the valve, improving operation speed and reliability. Plus, the piston can now move progressively in response to how much boost pressure it needs to vent, instead of only fully open or closed like the factory diverter.
The result is sharper throttle response, lightning-fast valve actuation, the ability to hold as much boost as you can throw at it, and operation so reliable it comes with a lifetime warranty! Read the full DV+ story below.

Other manufacturers’ products replace the entire diverter and solenoid, resulting in a significantly (and unnecessarily) higher-priced product. Others simply replace the valve inside the factory solenoid without utilizing the pilot actuation system, which doesn’t solve any of the throttle response issues of the factory diverter, whilst being slower and more likely to stick.
GFB’s DV+ solution on the other hand is more responsive, less expensive, and doesn’t cause compressor surge/turbo flutter/chirp (those sounds are a sign the diverter’s NOT doing what it’s supposed to!).

1597214153630.png

Attachments

• T9363_Instructions.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 41

justiz00

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Will this result in an over-boost code? I saw a video that said it was possible since the original was a constant bleed type piston. This unit is basically a recirculating blow off valve? Strange how cars nowadays waste energy controlling boost after production vs. during production with the wastegate... maybe with both, I don’t know, I have been out of the game for awhile.

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
The modification that is compatible with the factory ECU and does not cause a CEL. Unless it’s an extreme racing application, gas engines utilizing a turbocharger typically need some way to “blow-off” the boost pressure in the event there’s a sudden reduction in power request from the driver.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Odd that they specifically left off the Insignia B, but I guess if you have it installed and working it must fit OK. Besides the smoother and faster boost, any other positives you've found? What about drawbacks? How is the noise level with this?

Chockomon

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Sportback AWD
GFB DVs are awesome. I had one on my Golf R and it was fantastic with higher boost (much more stable). I've been waiting for this for the Regals! Placing my order now!

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
Go Fast Bits DV+ T9363 Diverter is designed for GM 2.0 Liter Turbo I4 Ecotec LTG Engine. The 2.0-liter ECOTEC four-banger is good for 255 hp and 295 lb.-ft. of twist produced by General Motors for use in a broad range of vehicles. Tunned 2.0 LTG Camaro makes 558 WHP on the dyno.

kevjam79

Missouri
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Sportback Pref. Grp. II
For those that installed this valve, do you have a before and after dyno graph?

Does this valve require a tune to function properly? How will it affect the stock tune?

Ghosthawk

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Buick Ownership
Shopping
Added to my eBay watch list!!!

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
For those that installed this valve, do you have a before and after dyno graph?

Does this valve require a tune to function properly? How will it affect the stock tune?
Just to be clear it never increases the performance of the car at any point, regardless of modifications. Replaces plastic valve parts with metal for reliability and strength on chipped engines. As many of you know the purpose of the diverter valve is to vent excess boost when the throttle is closed (you lift off the accelerator or change gear). Without venting this excess pressure, the turbo experiences surge which is actually damaging to the turbo. You can hear this as a fluttering sound.

Leaking factory valves: Having said that, some factory valves have systems designed into them to crack open at high boost, in order to protect the engine from boost spikes. They do this by designing the pressure to be unequal on the top and bottom of the valve, thereby overcoming the spring at a certain pressure.

kevjam79

Missouri
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Sportback Pref. Grp. II
Just to be clear it never increases the performance of the car at any point, regardless of modifications. Replaces plastic valve parts with metal for reliability and strength on chipped engines. As many of you know the purpose of the diverter valve is to vent excess boost when the throttle is closed (you lift off the accelerator or change gear). Without venting this excess pressure, the turbo experiences surge which is actually damaging to the turbo. You can hear this as a fluttering sound.

Leaking factory valves: Having said that, some factory valves have systems designed into them to crack open at high boost, in order to protect the engine from boost spikes. They do this by designing the pressure to be unequal on the top and bottom of the valve, thereby overcoming the spring at a certain pressure.
I understand this but it could smooth power delivery across the dyno curve.

kunfuzion

LB
Spot on review. I love mine. I've running it for about 2k miles so far. On boost delivery is more consistent and feels like it holds steady throughout the power band, of course this is all based on seat of the pants feel. It doesn't raise horsepower, but regulates how much boost is allowed before prematurely bled off, which increases more usable power. The comparison between build quality and design of the factory and GFB designs are night and day.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!