• If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense...

Going to a dealer, first issue with the vehicle.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
So, here I am. Red needle tourX. 8500 miles. HVAC system is not turning off the windshield blower, no matter of selection on the screen. Automatic defogger is off.
Air is constantly blowing to the windshield causing it to fog out from the outside.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
So, here I am. Red needle tourX. 8500 miles. HVAC system is not turning off the windshield blower, no matter of selection on the screen. Automatic defogger is off.
Air is constantly blowing to the windshield causing it to fog out from the outside.
Dam smart HVAC system are getting too big for their britches ...I mean instrument panel.
Makes me appreciate my preferred's relatively stupid standard HVAC,
that usually does what its told ... like the woman I hope finds me sooner rather then later.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Dam smart HVAC system are getting too big for their britches ...I mean instrument panel.
Makes me appreciate my preferred's relatively stupid standard HVAC,
that usually does what its told ... like the woman I hope finds me sooner rather then later.
Sometimes less is more... We shall see what they are going to tell me. Hopefully it is just a software glitch and they don't have to pull things apart.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Sometimes less is more... We shall see what they are going to tell me. Hopefully it is just a software glitch and they don't have to pull things apart.
True for tire or tit equipped stuff.
They never seem to get it back together as good as the OEM.

Buschb

Buick Ownership
Tour X
I have the standard HVAC, and I swear the A/C is on sometimes even when it's not.

This morning the air coming out the vents was ice cold when the AC was off.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I have the standard HVAC, and I swear the A/C is on sometimes even when it's not.

MonenPrefwreed does that when the humid or temp gets too warm with AC off. I just turn up the temperature setting and it won't do it. Or just shut the fan off and AC off.

Kappy

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
have preferred, had the same thing happen. I think Norm T is right, it has to do with the humidity.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Initially, I was thinking about humidity sensor as well. But, no matter what, I could never shot off an air circulation to the windshield. Well, Friday is the day. I'm dropping it off at the dealer.
What I'm wondering is the fact that they have working system that they use in Europe on Opels, why didn't they use the same on ours?

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Alright, here is an update:
After 3.5 hours spent at the dealership they came to conclusion that I need all this:
1565973739651.png
Next week, I'm dropping the car off, so they can pull my dashboard apart and replace evaporator and all the guts there.
I'm afraid that as soon as they pull it apart, it will never be the same. 8600 miles on the car....

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
You mean just the core right, not all the other parts in exploded view?
.Maybe GM can bill Opel for any parts during first 4 years...so they replace everything, since all apart anyway?

Last edited:

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX

I believe it runs to keep from fogging up windows, from condensation in system at startup.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
TAKE PICTURES OF THE INTERIOR BEFORE AND AFTER.

Not to show us but so you have something to show them if the eff it up when they put it back together (or the folks up the chain of command if it all goes south.)
That's a good idea! Definitely will do that. Also, I was reading some Google reviews, and now I have a feeling that everything will go south.
I need to get a second opinion maybe or something. Probably should tell them to cancel the order for the part and go to few other places for diagnostic.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
That's a good idea! Definitely will do that. Also, I was reading some Google reviews, and now I have a feeling that everything will go south.
I need to get a second opinion maybe or something. Probably should tell them to cancel the order for the part and go to few other places for diagnostic.
How many Buick dealers do you have within a reasonable distance?

Where I live there would be my local dealer and then the next closest one would be anywhere from 90 to 200 miles away.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
How many Buick dealers do you have within a reasonable distance?

Where I live there would be my local dealer and then the next closest one would be anywhere from 90 to 200 miles away.
I would say 6-8 maybe. The problem is, I doubt anyone have done that kind of job. With my luck - few months without the car and screwed repair at the end.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
If GM is paying for repair as normal, they will only replace the failed part and any other parts or consumables as needed. I have a feeling all parts shown in that exploded view of HVAC system add up to a big chunk of change.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
If GM is paying for repair as normal, they will only replace the failed part and any other parts or consumables as needed. I have a feeling all parts shown in that exploded view of HVAC system add up to a big chunk of change.
They told me, everything would be done under warranty. I will not spend any dime.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I wouldn't be too concerned about them taking it apart. I had similar concerns when we had a heater core replaced in my Audi, that was close to 10 years ago and we still don't have any dash rattles or squeaks.