Wanted Golden Sounds of the 60s

Bob Santon

Buick Ownership
not a current owner , looking for parts for a friend
Thread starter #1
Hello to all,
Long trumpets mounted under hood of a Riviera. Crisp , clear , stunning notes announced that something special was near. Now I'm 80 and would like to relive those days. Oh those horns! Can anyone help , or guide me to them again. In 1965 I purchased a set from the local Buick dealer in Hollywood , California for a friend. We converted his MGB from Beep , Beep to a vehicle with character and presence and turned a few heads. I ask for assistance in my quest.
Thanks
Bob

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
Welcome to the forums! I have seen the "long trumpet horns" advertised on eBay and other sites. Just do a Google search for "trumpet horns", they are still out there and available. I admire you age (80) and still hopping to get to that age!

Bob Santon

Buick Ownership
not a current owner , looking for parts for a friend
Thread starter #3
Thanks for the lead. What comes up now are after market horns and I don't trust those. They are not expensive but it's the sound that I remember and don't want to give up on. On some shelf somewhere there must be something that no one wants. A horn barn find!
Bob

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
Good luck on finding that "horn barn find"! I wish you the best!

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.