Good all season tires?

Roblox84

Buick Ownership
Buick
Can anyone recommend decent all season 20s for a non awd GS? I'm tired of paying to keep changing from winter to summer tires. I know they won't compare to winter tires but the roads are usually plowed very quickly here.

Eggsbenny86

Vancouver, B.C.
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS 6/auto

I finally got these after replacing the OEM Pirelli P Zero's (I replaced all 4 with Pirelli's a couple times from a guy who bought cars from the insurance company that were written off, and would sell the tires). Got a full sidewall puncture and had to replace 1 tire so I decided to get all 4 new and after doing some research, these were the best not only for price, but for the ratings they had. On a few sites, they rated better that the P Zero's from real customer reviews.

The only thing I didn't like about these compared to the Pirellis, is the sidewall look. The P Zeros have a flatter, almost thinner side profile look because of the "rounded" edge. These are more of a squared off sidewall, and you can see the tread from the side profile a lot more.

Other than that, these run a heck of a lot smoother and quieter than the Pirellis, and have comparable grip and performance (daily driving with 'spirited' moments). Great in the rain (we get a shit ton of rain here in Vancouver). Not sure about snow as I have a winter set, but they're probably fine in mild dustings. They have the M+S rating.

NotSoRegal

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal Turbo

I finally got these after replacing the OEM Pirelli P Zero's (I replaced all 4 with Pirelli's a couple times from a guy who bought cars from the insurance company that were written off, and would sell the tires). Got a full sidewall puncture and had to replace 1 tire so I decided to get all 4 new and after doing some research, these were the best not only for price, but for the ratings they had. On a few sites, they rated better that the P Zero's from real customer reviews.

The only thing I didn't like about these compared to the Pirellis, is the sidewall look. The P Zeros have a flatter, almost thinner side profile look because of the "rounded" edge. These are more of a squared off sidewall, and you can see the tread from the side profile a lot more.

Other than that, these run a heck of a lot smoother and quieter than the Pirellis, and have comparable grip and performance (daily driving with 'spirited' moments). Great in the rain (we get a shit ton of rain here in Vancouver). Not sure about snow as I have a winter set, but they're probably fine in mild dustings. They have the M+S rating.
I just had my Regal out tonight with AS/3+'s on, with a thin layer of ice on the road. They were okay, but I was sliding a bit when accelerating. They are good for light snow from what I've heard, but I think I'm just not used to A/S in winter (all my previous cars had winter tires and I'm used to having traction 90% of the time in winter). They are definitely the top tire for dry and wet traction, I've run them on multiple cars and they are always solid.

Roblox84

Buick Ownership
Buick
I just had my Regal out tonight with AS/3+'s on, with a thin layer of ice on the road. They were okay, but I was sliding a bit when accelerating. They are good for light snow from what I've heard, but I think I'm just not used to A/S in winter (all my previous cars had winter tires and I'm used to having traction 90% of the time in winter). They are definitely the top tire for dry and wet traction, I've run them on multiple cars and they are always solid.
I had my Blizzaks installed for this winter and they had no traction in the rain even with a decent amount of thread left. I could spin the tires from a stop with barely any throttle. It was 50 degrees out so maybe that had something to do with it but who knows.

I'm just hoping an all season tire will do much better on the warmer wet days during the winter than these winter tires I have now. I was also looking at the Continental extreme DWS but I'm not sure how it compares to the tires you guys recommended. I will keep my eye out on those A/S 3s and G forces and see if they run any specials during the winter.

Last edited:

NotSoRegal

Buick Ownership
2015 Buick Regal Turbo
I had my Blizzaks installed for this winter and they had no traction in the rain even with a decent amount of thread left. I could spin the tires from a stop with barely any throttle. It was 50 degrees out so maybe that had something to do with it but who knows.

I'm just hoping an all season tire will do much better on the warmer wet days during the winter than these winter tires I have now. I was also looking at the Continental extreme DWS but I'm not sure how it compares to the tires you guys recommended. I will keep my eye out on those A/S 3s and G forces and see if they run any specials during the winter.
If you experience more warm and wet winter days, I'd get the Michelins. I've yet to meet someone who didn't love them.

Eggsbenny86

Vancouver, B.C.
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS 6/auto
https://www.costco.com/auto-tires.html Not sure about the states, but north of the border here Costco is really good for tires (install cost, and pricing etc). I recall when I got the Michelins, they had comparable pricing but didn't have it in stock so I went elsewhere, otherwise they're a good stop for tires.

Winter tires in the rain are useless. The soft compound and aggressive tread don't do anything above the colder operating temperature. I'll always spin off the line even if it's a normal acceleration, nothing aggressive. Same with cornering; have to slow it down a bit.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!