• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Got some stock TourX ¼ mile time numbers.

DoUSail2

Buick Ownership
Her 2018 Regal TourX Essence, Frost, Convenience 1&2, S&S
I have the same cannot drive it long stock problem. LOL. It was only several weeks before the G8 had CAI & SLP exhaust and wasn't much longer until the tune. Then high lift rockers, modified intake, throttle body and another tune within the year, then headers, Kooks exhaust and yet another tune, finally the heads, cam and rear diff and the existing tune.

The Solstice GXP and the Tour X are my wife's cars and she is really reluctant to let me hook up the laptop to her cars and luckily HP Tuners doesn't support the Tour X yet because that trans tune really needs some work and if I drove it any more than she lets me (which is very little) it would drive me nuts. Luckily the GXP is a manual and I don't have to deal with terrible trans tuning.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I have the same cannot drive it long stock problem. LOL. It was only several weeks before the G8 had CAI & SLP exhaust and wasn't much longer until the tune. Then high lift rockers, modified intake, throttle body and another tune within the year, then headers, Kooks exhaust and yet another tune, finally the heads, cam and rear diff and the existing tune.

The Solstice GXP and the Tour X are my wife's cars and she is really reluctant to let me hook up the laptop to her cars and luckily HP Tuners doesn't support the Tour X yet because that trans tune really needs some work and if I drove it any more than she lets me (which is very little) it would drive me nuts. Luckily the GXP is a manual and I don't have to deal with terrible trans tuning.
My only advice is set a goal and go for it the first time you mod, or at least plan the steps to get there.

I wasted about $2,000 on my 03 Cobra, before ditching the usual pulley and tune route and setting it up with a Whipple. The Whipple works. as I have no urge to make the car faster. I just worry about the eventual maintenance that will surely come as the car has near 75,000 miles on it now at the 600hp level and will soon roll past the 100K mark. I want the car to still feel like new at 200K.

CoyoteEcotec

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal AWD T
Are there any other time slips floating around on here? Also serious question, do you think the numbers the media puts out are perhaps inflated? 15.0 isn’t bad for a heavy car but when you see 5.6 0-60 times and 14.2 1/4 mile times published it makes you wonder. Did GM give them a hopped up version? Is there a secret to launching and shift rpm? Is my car a turd? Etc.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Are there any other time slips floating around on here? Also serious question, do you think the numbers the media puts out are perhaps inflated? 15.0 isn’t bad for a heavy car but when you see 5.6 0-60 times and 14.2 1/4 mile times published it makes you wonder. Did GM give them a hopped up version? Is there a secret to launching and shift rpm? Is my car a turd? Etc.
I'd like to see some other slips besides mine out of curiosity.
Regal AWD T is going to have it tough to achieve 5.6s 0-60 times and 14.2s 1/4 ET.
My race weight with my TourX that night had to be over 4,000 lbs without me in it. Accessories, and gear weight a lot & bare curb weight is 3,950 lbs. The trans up-shifts early and is slow between gears.
I would think Trifecta tune would net around 14.3 to 14.4s ET at a least a 96 mph trap., and even faster in a lower trim car. I don't see much more their without some serious work which would sort of defeat the purpose of the car.

VTSummit

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I put my Vector performance meter in mine. The only place I have to test is very slightly down hill, but would skew the numbers slightly to the low side- especially 1/4 mile. 0-60 times were consistent as were the second two of three 1/4 runs. I'm not getting 5.6/14.2 on mine, LOL. I'll try again when I have more time and when I get the runway to myself since that would be flat. My best 0-60 was 5.9 in manual and 6.0 in auto and 1/4 was 14.4 @ 102mph.
The Vector is a pretty decent system, as it measures from first movement which takes reaction times out of the mix.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I put my Vector performance meter in mine. The only place I have to test is very slightly down hill, but would skew the numbers slightly to the low side- especially 1/4 mile. 0-60 times were consistent as were the second two of three 1/4 runs. I'm not getting 5.6/14.2 on mine, LOL. I'll try again when I have more time and when I get the runway to myself since that would be flat. My best 0-60 was 5.9 in manual and 6.0 in auto and 1/4 was 14.4 @ 102mph.
The Vector is a pretty decent system, as it measures from first movement which takes reaction times out of the mix.
I ran enough 1/4 miles over the years to be sceptical of a 102 mph trap at a 14.4s ET, even factoring in going downhill. The Trap should be lower (95 or 96 mph) or the ET quicker (-14s), especially considering the AWD should launch hard, and a stock LGT motor is HP challenged.

I noticed that the pull in 4th gear was :drool:

CoyoteEcotec

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal AWD T
I'd like to see some other slips besides mine out of curiosity.
Regal AWD T is going to have it tough to achieve 5.6s 0-60 times and 14.2s 1/4 ET.
My race weight with my TourX that night had to be over 4,000 lbs without me in it. Accessories, and gear weight a lot & bare curb weight is 3,950 lbs. The trans up-shifts early and is slow between gears.
I would think Trifecta tune would net around 14.3 to 14.4s ET at a least a 96 mph trap., and even faster in a lower trim car. I don't see much more their without some serious work which would sort of defeat the purpose of the car.
Same boat weight wise for me. 2016 Premium II, 3,959 according to the internet. That puts the car right at 4200 with me in it. (Yea I’m fat) I might take it down the strip one night. If it runs a 9.6 1/8th mile I’ll be ecstatic. 9.8s and I’ll still be happy. It’s a fun car even if it is a lil slow. I bought it because it’s gorgeous, functional, adds in a lil fun on the daily commute and can leave the annoying mass drivers behind.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Here is one of my timeslips... But it's not a wagon. Mine is a FWD Preferred II trim.

The 14.2 time on the Car&Driver review/test is for a FWD sportback like mine. but mine sure as hell never got anywhere near a 100+mph trap speed.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Same boat weight wise for me. 2016 Premium II, 3,959 according to the internet. That puts the car right at 4200 with me in it. (Yea I’m fat) I might take it down the strip one night. If it runs a 9.6 1/8th mile I’ll be ecstatic. 9.8s and I’ll still be happy. It’s a fun car even if it is a lil slow. I bought it because it’s gorgeous, functional, adds in a lil fun on the daily commute and can leave the annoying mass drivers behind.
To get ET times and trap speeds like the Vector performance meter got, I'd have to use my 03 Cobra.
Ease it off the lime and accelerate moderately briskly to 60 MPH, then cruise at 60 or so till a few hundred feet to the finish line, then wack it to go thru the traps at over 100 mph.
That is what it would take to run low to mid 14s ET at ++100 mph.
Been driving the Cobra a lot last 2-1/2 weeks, as now is the time to drive on summer tires. Rainy days I have been driving the Forester. The reason Iv'e only put 100 miles on the TourX this month is that the TourX would remind me just how crude and raw the Cobra is, so I would not enjoy the Cobra as much. The boring Forester, while more refined than the Cobra, convinces me that the Cobra is not really that bad. I could not fool myself into believing that comparing it's ride quality to the TourX.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Here is one of my timeslips... But it's not a wagon. Mine is a FWD Preferred II trim.

View attachment 16401

The 14.2 time on the Car&Driver review/test is for a FWD sportback like mine. but mine sure as hell never got anywhere near a 100+mph trap speed.
C&D uses weather correction to get their fast times. Just like Motor Trend does but C&D adds some spice to their numbers making them the publican with the fastest times.

CoyoteEcotec

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal AWD T
To get ET times and trap speeds like the Vector performance meter got, I'd have to use my 03 Cobra.
Ease it off the lime and accelerate moderately briskly to 60 MPH, then cruise at 60 or so till a few hundred feet to the finish line, then wack it to go thru the traps at over 100 mph.
That is what it would take to run low to mid 14s ET at ++100 mph.
Been driving the Cobra a lot last 2-1/2 weeks, as now is the time to drive on summer tires. Rainy days I have been driving the Forester. The reason Iv'e only put 100 miles on the TourX this month is that the TourX would remind me just how crude and raw the Cobra is, so I would not enjoy the Cobra as much. The boring Forester, while more refined than the Cobra, convinces me that the Cobra is not really that bad. I could not fool myself into believing that comparing it's ride quality to the TourX.
I haven’t even cranked the engine on my GT since picking up the Buick. I’ve gotten so used to the smooth ride and quiet cabin that firing up the 5.0 with it’s wagon like ride and off-road exhaust just isn’t something I’m itching to do. Wife said something about selling it so now I’m thinking about a divorce. Hahaha just kidding, kinda.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I haven’t even cranked the engine on my GT since picking up the Buick. I’ve gotten so used to the smooth ride and quiet cabin that firing up the 5.0 with it’s wagon like ride and off-road exhaust just isn’t something I’m itching to do. Wife said something about selling it so now I’m thinking about a divorce. Hahaha just kidding, kinda.
3 weeks and only 100 miles on the TourX Maybe 500 on the Subie on rainy days, and 1,300 on the Cobra. I'ts summer.
With IRS the ride is not really bad, good air conditioning, & seats are comfy. Can't sell it, need to scratch a 600 hp itch. Hard to believe nowadays with Redeyes C8's and GT500's, that 600-700 hp is nothing to brag about, unless it is a 4 cylinder.
That's ok. I'm old and reflexes have slowed.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Pasting data here from another post since below data is more appropriate in this thread.

Around 5000 RPM is the shift point (in manual mode you have to shift earlier to account for delay on the 8 speed - especially in 1st).

Data from 9 speed sportback:

Screenshot_2019-06-24-09-16-29.jpg

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Pasting data here from another post since below data is more appropriate in this thread.

Around 5000 RPM is the shift point (in manual mode you have to shift earlier to account for delay on the 8 speed - especially in 1st).

Data from 9 speed sportback:

[/URL]

View attachment 16525
Through trial and error:

Fastest acceleration was achieved:

!-2; Let Auto shift for itself

2-3, Pick one: Let tranny shift itself, or hold shift manually to 5600 RPM

3-4 Shift manually, at 5600-5800 RPM

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
In the 9 speed things are a little different.
In the 9 speed, auto shift is fastest.
3rd gear is skipped when accelerating in auto.
2nd and 3rd gear ratios are very close so shifting manually at full throttle from 2nd to 3rd does not bring the revs down.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
Just curious:
Was this brake torque done by the foot brake or by holding up the emergency brake button until launch?
Foot brake.
The electronic emergency brake on the newer cars is not set up to be released easily like that. Unless there is a way I'm not aware of.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Foot brake.
The electronic emergency brake on the newer cars is not set up to be released easily like that. Unless there is a way I'm not aware of.
Correct

I've never even tried the ee-brake, ever.
I wish a hero with a Trifecta TourX would visit a real 1/4 mile track.

Go to track with tune set to stock, get a few passes, load or enable the tune and go for broke.
I'd expect about .4 seconds minimum improvement and another 4-5 mph., or I'd be disappointed.

Last edited:

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
If you pull up (and hold) your ebrake button, the ebrake will remain activated until you let it go.

Yes, not good for tranny and brake but tried it today (very briefly).

Give it a little gas.. car crouches down.. DIC gives you a message to release the brake... brake releases when you let the button go.

Note: that I did not go for gold with the gas and chickened out after about a second.

We need the guy who got his regal sportback airborne to test this out.

Pedal Commander