Gps problems with 15 encore

Obxbeerguy

2015 Buick Encore
Just bought a 2015 encore and when we got home we noticed that any app requiring GPS says "no GPS signal please make sure vehicle is on". Took it back to the dealer and spent 5 hrs waiting for diagnosis. They claimed it was from where they changed the battery and the GPS and compass just had not calibrated yet and I needed to drive it. They also said they disconnected the module for an hour and reconnected it and drove it around and it still did not calibrate. Take in mind I drove 3 hrs home yesterday and 3 hrs back today and still nothing. Has anyone had or heard of this problem before? Thank you.

Last edited:

poncho167

2019 Essence
Just bought a 2015 encore and when we got home we noticed that any app requiring GPS says "no GPS signal please make sure vehicle is on". Took it back to the dealer and spent 5 hrs waiting for diagnosis. They claimed it was from where they changed the battery and the GPS and compass just had not calibrated yet and I needed to drive it. They also said they disconnected the module for an hour and reconnected it and drove it around and it still did not calibrate. Take in mind I drove 3 hrs home yesterday and 3 hrs back today and still nothing. Has anyone had or heard of this problem before? Thank you.
Sorry, I have built in GPS and I haven't heard of the issue else where.

MelsRegal

Staff member
Regal GS 2017
Go back to the dealer and have them correctly diagnosis the problem. I assume this is a Buick dealer.

Again

Magnetic Hill, New-Brunswick, Canada
2016 Encore
I thought in 2015 only the option NAV gave you GPS? I thought 2016 was the first year where compass and GPS was done through OnStar module. But hey I've been wrong before.

Obxbeerguy

2015 Buick Encore
I thought in 2015 only the option NAV gave you GPS? I thought 2016 was the first year where compass and GPS was done through OnStar module. But hey I've been wrong before.
We finally got the car back from the dealership and said they had to order a telecommunications module. The car doesn't have on-screen navigation the only navigation that has is through OnStar but none of the apps that required a GPS signal like weather and fuel prices would work on the car. It just kept saying no GPS signal please make sure vehicle is on. Then I guess they finally figured it out

Turbo Buick Badge