GS brake job

SSJ455

Buick Ownership
2013 Quicksilver Regal GS
Thread starter #1
How difficult is it to change out the brakes and rotors on a GS? I am getting a hum and a just a bit of vibration when braking at 40+, The car still stops well but I am thinking I need to do brakes. I have just over 30,000 miles.

Thanks

dbruce

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
I had a hum issues with the front Brembo's and it turned out to be uneven pad wear. Reading around on the net, post replacement, learned not that unusual and can flip pads around to fix. If just doing pads, very easy to do as they can be removed with caliper in place (at least for my 2012). One thing to be cautious about, freind and I did it and he, who was a mechanic with no Brembo experience, Did not put the brackets that block the pins from working their way out and pad got loose for about a week. Nothing major....but a learning experience.

Rotors, similar to any brake change. Make sure you remove the right bolts and support caliper during change. I picked up some coated autozone rotors and have had no issues. Check the master brake thread here for writeups and suggestions.

trevgtp

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
youtube brembo replacement- they're exactly the same pads/rotors as on the previous-gen Camaro SS, so the prices aren't astronomical and plenty of tutorials and vids.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.