GS front accent pieces

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
Hello all, I would like to get the front aluminum looking pieces on the bumper on my GS powder coated black. Any idea how these would come off?? Has anyone done it ?

Attachments

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Hello all, I would like to get the front aluminum looking pieces on the bumper on my GS powder coated black. Any idea how these would come off?? Has anyone done it ?
I assume the metal will last longer then coating over it would when geting pounded by bugs, sand, and rocks.
But then I could never understand painting bricks either.
Sorry have no experience covering metal trim on vehicle.

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
Spray it with Plasti-Dip.
I'm not spraying plasti dip on my $50k car lol this ain't some 95 civic. Everything else on the car is gloss black. Plasti dip is more of a satin black. I'm good.

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
I assume the metal will last longer then coating over it would when geting pounded by bugs, sand, and rocks.
But then I could never understand painting bricks either.
Sorry have no experience covering metal trim on vehicle.
It's not metal, its plastic

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal GS
I believe they are just held onto the bumper with clips. Most plastic bumper components these days are just snapped into place. Your best bet is gonna be to pull the whole bumper off to access the clips on the backside.

I am curious to see how the bumper accents turn out. I was thinking of doing the same thing, but just purchasing the gloss black accents and window trim available in Europe and Australia.

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
I'm not spraying plasti dip on my $50k car lol this ain't some 95 civic. Everything else on the car is gloss black. Plasti dip is more of a satin black. I'm good.
Then paint them gloss black

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
I believe they are just held onto the bumper with clips. Most plastic bumper components these days are just snapped into place. Your best bet is gonna be to pull the whole bumper off to access the clips on the backside.

I am curious to see how the bumper accents turn out. I was thinking of doing the same thing, but just purchasing the gloss black accents and window trim available in Europe and Australia.
I asked my dealer how much it would be for them to do it, I want to do it as professional as I can get but still waiting on a reply. I think with the white tricoat it would look amazing.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.