H&R 28998-5 front wheel gap?

Thread starter #1
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
Was a solution to this issue posted? I just got the car back and the rear is def lower than in front. Search only revealed discussions regarding this but no solution. Any help is appreciated.

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
You take your car to the track or something ?

Lowering a car most of the time makes the handling worst unless you change all the suspension components to match. ALL suspension components, not just springs.

You can change the spring rate but not height.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
The manufacturer of the spring lists an approximate lowering of the vehicle by 1 inch.
Are you sure the installer seated the springs correctly in the spring pockets?
Did you measure the front and rear height before installing the new springs?
Did you determine what the differences in height are compared to original height?

Thread starter #4
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
You take your car to the track or something ?

Lowering a car most of the time makes the handling worst unless you change all the suspension components to match. ALL suspension components, not just springs.

You can change the spring rate but not height.
Thanks zeroboost. I appreciate your insight. However, that’s not what my post is about. Cheers

Thread starter #5
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
The manufacturer of the spring lists an approximate lowering of the vehicle by 1 inch.
Are you sure the installer seated the springs correctly in the spring pockets?
Did you measure the front and rear height before installing the new springs?
Did you determine what the differences in height are compared to original height?
Hey melsregal. Yea the spec is within listed numbers. Regals have a slightly raked stance from factory. The H&R kit simply levels the car down about an inch. Visually this creates a discrepancy between the distance from centerline of the axle to the top of the wheelhouse front to rear. Some guys on here that have gone this route have complained of this (purely a cosmetic thing and not noticeable to the layman IMO). It has no negative effect on handling. I was hoping there was a spring perch part that solved this issue. Thanks for the input tho.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
I just measured my 2017 GS with 19" wheels. From the ground through the center line of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel arch is 28.25" front and rear.
Have you actually done this same measurement and found a difference between front and rear?

Thread starter #7
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
I just measured my 2017 GS with 19" wheels. From the ground through the center line of the wheel to the bottom of the wheel arch is 28.25" front and rear.
Have you actually done this same measurement and found a difference between front and rear?
I’ll do that as soon as I find a reasonably level place to park

Thread starter #8
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
So I’m getting 27.5” front and 27” rear but I measured again parked in a different spot and that came out lower (weird) 27” front and 26.75” rear

Attachments

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.