Thread starter #1

dmr02

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
18 Regal GS

Buschb

Buick Ownership
Tour X
I would like to lower my Tour X. I have a Subaru Forester lowered on Swift springs and a Lexus lowered on Tanabe springs. The handling was greatly improved each time.

I wonder if the auto leveling headlights would be effected?

I guess it may be a waiting game for alittle bit.

Thread starter #4

dmr02

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
18 Regal GS
Keep in mind those are for 4cyl cars. I would wait to see what comes out of Australia if you have a GS since the V6 will be heavier.
Yes, no springs yet for the Insignia GSi/ Regal GS yet :( but, still glad to see things happening!

Thread starter #7

dmr02

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
18 Regal GS
I would think the 28717-5, Limousine 4WD springs would work on a 4cyl GSi. You would just end up 20mm lower than the GSi which is already 10mm lower than the base Insignia.
I seen a guy I found on instagram somewhere he used that part number. Again he has a 4 cylinder but, his setup looks great.. I wouldn't go through the work for a 10mm drop myself. Will wait it out for some springs for the v6 cars. And some spacers would be nice too, nothing crazy. I had a set for my '14 never got around to putting them on. Then found out they changed our bolt pattern! So they are useless..

Thread starter #10
Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
18 Regal GS
After talking with 2 grand master techs at work today they said it shouldn't matter the weight difference of the 4cyl to the v6 so I went ahead with p/n 28717-8 just thought I would ask their opinion first. Been through it before with my '14 GS I had to order the springs for an Insignia with a different engine and worked out just fine. Will make sure to take pictures and a brief review once its all said and done!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.