• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Happy New Owner

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
I'm not sure how specific GM gets with the GVWR, but it might cover a worst case scenario which would include the sun roof, and 200lbs is expected for a panoramic sunroof.

Michael Wells

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Did your TourX come equipped with the Continental ContiSilent tires? These have the layer of noise-reducing foam in them. There is some controversy over whether they are being fitted as Buick had planned to do. They supposedly reduce interior noise by 2 db.

wi_badger

A Regular
Buick Ownership
Buick
No, but my build date was early November so my early build likely missed the availability window. It would be interesting to compare. I don't have an issue with the noise level in the cabin but would always welcome quieter. I have seen some January build dates on dealer lots but those also have the procontact TX tires.

I am pretty anal about tires and likely wouldn't replace them with the same tires so maybe it's better I won't know what I am missing.

wi_badger

A Regular
Buick Ownership
Buick
I had a set of all-weather Nokian's on a 2003 Saab 9-3. They were great in the wet and snow and the handling was still good. I didn't keep them long enough to evaluate how they wore long term. I had separate summer and winter tire/rims for my 2006 Acura TL but I don't see the need for that setup with the TourX. I would probably lean towards better traction/wear rating over dry performance for TourX replacement tires.

Had some Continental DWS06 on a 2007 Accord and had a few sidewall bubbles so likely won't go with those. Had good experience with Bridgestone and Michelin and of course Nokian. If I was going with pure winter tires I would go with Nokian every time. I am sure there are other brands that are good but I think there are lots of good options within what I am comfortable with.

duckrock

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
I just got my Darkmoon blue metallic last tuesday in Pasadena. Top of the Line with no sunroof, just how I wanted it. I love it and even though it is not red (our #2 choice), it is very unique in the 'hood. Happy to answer any questions.

- - - Updated - - -

You and I need to connect. I just picked up my Darkmoon Blue Essence with everything but the sunroof. I friggin love it and am eager to take a look at improving the stereo....

Pedal Commander