• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Harman info3 Infotainment system

Amro

Dears

I have bought an Opel insignia 2020 and is a copy from Buick Regal.
I want to download or update my infotainment system because I don't have GPS navigation nor WiFi network.
I want to do this software update manually i.e. to download the software and with any means I want to install it on my system.

OTA is not activated.

Can you please support?

Harman info3 csm my18 mid

Amro

Attachments

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
2019 Insignia GS
Actually, the Buick is a copy of the Opel--except they took out most of the good stuff.

Not sure exactly what you're asking--if you don't have navigation & WiFi and you're looking to add it, I think you have to get a new INFO3 unit that has that hardware installed. I've been inside my INFO3 & I can see where the IC chip would go to provide the navigation, but I didn't order my car with that, so no chip. The software 'upgrades' we have are just designed to iron-out the bugs (greyed-out radio presets, correctly initialize the USB post etc.) and to provide marketing features (Amazons' Alexa). There may be some features--like playing video from the USB--that the INFO3 may be able to do, but are locked-out for various reasons--it might be possible for software to unlock such stuff, but I'm unaware of anyone providing that service (yet). As far as software versions go we're up to version 22.TEN (don't ask--I know that's 22.1, but GM thinks 22.10 is greater than 22.9)--you seem to be at version 31.6, Good guess is that, from the (Harmon) factory, the software installed does just enough to allow some quality control testing & the ability to update the software to a vehicle brand (Opel/Vauxhall/Buick/GMC/Chevrolet) & market specific operating system.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
2019 Insignia GS
I *think* my unit didn't have that RF shield (yellow box below) & that there weren't any significant components placed there. I do remember removing a small diameter coaxial cable (the black wire atop the shield in the image below) which is/was the feed to the SiriusXM radio module (the metal box running down the top right side--also removed). As @D2R pointed out in post #3, there may be navigation abilities built into some of the Harman units--which may explain the bright blue FAKRA connector which according to industry standards, should be the GPS/NAV antenna. Not sure how General Motors works their nav system, but I *think* they want their OnStar system to handle the GPS, so it would be processed in the OnStar module & passed via the high speed LAN network to the INFO3 box--bypassing whatever hardware may be installed there. The option of upgrading/installing navigation on some vehicles may be that of bypassing the OnStar module & enabling the nav feature on selected versions of the INFO3.

I do know that just after starting my car & looking at the running apps on the touchscreen, navigation does show-up--for about 5 seconds--then it goes away & phone service and OnStar service appear.
INFO3.jpg

Amro

Dear Anaduff

Now I understood that this IC chip in yellow box above in your photo is the one responsible for GPS module in info3 box.
As you know in Europe for time being onstar is not working till the end of 2020 and in my country we don't have it.
Right now I am pretty sure that my unit has gps but it is not active maybe cos software update or gps antenna is not connected.
We have some restrictions about using GPS in Egypt. I will try first to use another GPS antenna and I will see what will happen.

Thanks

Get your turbo buick badge right here!