• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Has anyone installed a rear dash cam in their Regal TourX hatch?

ScopeCreepStudio

Atlanta, Georgia
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Hello all! Got my front dash cam in, pretty easy install and wire hiding, this is all you see: IMG_20200115_190424.jpg

IMG_20200115_190053.jpg

Still a -little- jankier than I'd like but until I'm ready to start messing with hardwiring I'm not too worried about it. Next on my to do list is to install a cam in the rear hatch, though. Wondering what the cleanest way to do that would be, and assuming that I mount the camera to the hatch itself, how to allow slack in the wire so it can open and close without it dangling or tangling. I'm not opposed to buying a dual channel set up, but I also wouldn't mind just buying another regular old dash cam, slapping it in the back and plugging it into the outlet in the cargo area. Just looking for some advice! Thanks!

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Regal TourX
Hello all! Got my front dash cam in, pretty easy install and wire hiding, this is all you see: View attachment 21101

View attachment 21102

Still a -little- jankier than I'd like but until I'm ready to start messing with hardwiring I'm not too worried about it. Next on my to do list is to install a cam in the rear hatch, though. Wondering what the cleanest way to do that would be, and assuming that I mount the camera to the hatch itself, how to allow slack in the wire so it can open and close without it dangling or tangling. I'm not opposed to buying a dual channel set up, but I also wouldn't mind just buying another regular old dash cam, slapping it in the back and plugging it into the outlet in the cargo area. Just looking for some advice! Thanks!
I've got to think that if you can just follow the wire from the backup camera, that should give you a blueprint.

CTMechE

CT
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
I installed a front dashcam (I don't have a rear). But the front passenger A-pillar cover can be pulled off by hand, no tools at all. Same with the panel on the side of the dashboard next to the glovebox. I ran the cable down the A-pillar, behind the cover, into the dash via the side panel (behind the lower part of the glovebox) and then wedged it under the plastic trim of the center tunnel. I ran it to the rear power-only USB port, since it was cleaner and I didn't want to take up an infotainment-connected USB port.

Edit: I grabbed a set of these from Harbor Freight - they're hard plastic pry tools that help with car trim. Saves your fingertips and is less likely to scratch the car's plastic. Nylon Pry Bar Installer Kit, 4 Pc.

White guy

tourx
Don't all 2018-19 Regals come with back-up cameras as per federal mandate since 2014 MY?And with the screen as part of the infotainment (crappy) system?

Get your turbo buick badge right here!