• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Has anyone upgraded the radio in the 2011 Lacrosse??

vid53

Buick Ownership
Buick
I really love this car, but the radio really Sucks!! The navigation is horrible and my Iphone 7 wont connect to the Bluetooth to use google maps. It only pairs the phone for phone calls only. I have called around to see if there is anything to replace the radio or a Bluetooth connection kit to fit the radio. I found there has been nothing made for this car at all!! Very hard to believe. Has anyone been able to fix any of these problems?

vid53

Buick Ownership
Buick
I have called Crutchfield, different car radio installers, and the dealership. I'm being told there is no trim plate or harness wiring available for 2010 and 2011

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
Don’t look too close, most of the Buick parts are from China also. As long as it’s well made, myself anyways have no problems with that......

dboone035

Buick Ownership
2010 Lacrosse
The more I look into this, it seems that there are no easy alternatives. Has anyone tried installing the "upgraded radio" trim panel from a model with the better radio?.. keeping the factory radio connected (to ensure the a/c controls still function), but install an additional single DIN radio that wired independently to power and would be hooked to the existing speakers? It seems this would allow for the easy addition of amps and more modern features, without losing the functionality of the a/c and other center stack buttons.
I am curious if all the connections would be the same for the items located below the radio or if Buick changed the rear connectors on the higher level models. I have a CX with the 3.0V6 and a base radio set up. I know the higher levels come with options such as heated seats, etc, but I don't think there would be any issues if I simply didn't plug anything into those buttons. I also don't know if the A/C control module would require factory programming or if they will work in any car.
Any help would be appreciated.

Rich B.

Minot, ME
Buick Ownership
2016 LaCrosse & 2013 Boss 302 Mustang
The concenus is that what is seen of the radio function is only the tip of the iceberg. Meaning the radio is part of everything else involved and with replacement codes involved. Best bet might be adding an independent amp and rear speaker upgrades. Don’t attempt to parallel existing speakers to new install...... the problems will have just begun.

What ever happened with graphic equalizers/amplifiers combo? Forgot I even answered here before lol.

Sstevieboy0208

Buick Newbie
Cincinnati Ohio
Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Lacrosse
I really love this car, but the radio really Sucks!! The navigation is horrible and my Iphone 7 wont connect to the Bluetooth to use google maps. It only pairs the phone for phone calls only. I have called around to see if there is anything to replace the radio or a Bluetooth connection kit to fit the radio. I found there has been nothing made for this car at all!! Very hard to believe. Has anyone been able to fix any of these problems?
Is your issue the bluetooth or the whole system?

Pedal Commander