• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Headlight level malfunction

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Since I have owned my car for the last several weeks, I have seen a quick message flash in the DIC, that says "Headlamp level malfunction", but immediately goes away.

Has anybody else seen this this? It only happens when starting the car or restarting from an auto stop. In 5000 miles, I have probably seen it four times.

However, the lights do function perfectly normal. They level, swivel, and dance just fine. I have red needles, should anybody be curious.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I've never seen those messages before. Almost seems as if the computer chatters onto the DIC, while doing a pre-check sequence or something. I am just hoping it isn't a precursor of problems to come down the road.

Michael O'Malley

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Our 2018 Regal Sportback Essence does the exact same thing. When the car is on auto stop and then restarts on acceleration, the headlamp level malfunction message flashes on the DIC and then immediately goes away. Like noted above, our headlamps function as designed. There is no malfunction.

Last edited:

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I've never seen those messages before. Almost seems as if the computer chatters onto the DIC, while doing a pre-check sequence or something. I am just hoping it isn't a precursor of problems to come down the road.
I have never had any problems with my headlights....no messages, no dancing, and I anticipate no problems in the future. Other then upgrading bulbs, when I get around to it.
Oooooo you are talking about Caddy syndrome....the more options you have, the more cans of worms are waiting.
Really glad I got the Preferred model with only the S&S option package.

Pedal Commander