Headlights Go Out On Bright Then Come Back On When Dimmed 2002 Buick Century

dannygross

Buick Ownership
2002 Century
While driving my 2002 Century at night while lights are on bright, they'll all of a sudden go out, then when I dim them they'll come back on and then I can brighten them again. Is this going to be the light switch or the dimmer switch? I thank you for any help I get.

Thunderhawk09

Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Century Custom & 2005 Buick LeSabre Custom
I know What that Issue is just fixed Mine It the multi Function Switch 46 bucks at amazon here is link for it https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007TXXTW2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mine would go off at random and was hard to get high beams to click in replaced switch no more issues they are bad to go out the high and low beams both run through dimmer and they switch when the other is activated and the switch is crap my whole switch worked flawlessly except the dimmer

dannygross

Buick Ownership
2002 Century
I know What that Issue is just fixed Mine It the multi Function Switch 46 bucks at amazon here is link for it https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007TXXTW2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Mine would go off at random and was hard to get high beams to click in replaced switch no more issues they are bad to go out the high and low beams both run through dimmer and they switch when the other is activated and the switch is crap my whole switch worked flawlessly except the dimmer
Thank you for the info.

Thunderhawk09

Buick Ownership
Thank you for the info.
Your Welcome Yeah I started looking for my switch and autozone was 280 and the ac delco switch was 380 I said no way in He** I was paying that and found amazon to have the same switch works good

dannygross

Buick Ownership
2002 Century
Your Welcome Yeah I started looking for my switch and autozone was 280 and the ac delco switch was 380 I said no way in He** I was paying that and found amazon to have the same switch works good
I've ordered the switch. I also needed the right front speed sensor and I found both front hubs for the price of one at O'Reilly's.

Thunderhawk09

Buick Ownership
I've ordered the switch. I also needed the right front speed sensor and I found both front hubs for the price of one at O'Reilly's.
Yeah I found the hubs too hope they will last guess we will see I bought two but currently only needed the one so I have a spare for the next to go