Headliner Issues with sunroof?

cbragwel

I am looking at purchasing a used Lacrosse. I test drove a 2015 Lacrosse Premium today. It has the sunroof in it. The headliner at the front of the sunroof and the driver's side is sagging about an inch. You can pull the headliner down and look between it and the metal roof of the car. The salesperson contacted their service dept. who said this is a known issue (they said they warp) and that nothing can be done to repair it, so essentially it will just hang down an inch. It looks terrible. They said it's just asthetics, and that the sunroof functions properly. This is a certified pre-own by the way. That does not sound right to me, but curious if any owners have experienced issues like this with the headliner?

HotZ28

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
That is not normal, unless there is/was a water leak! Run away from that car & look for another deal.

g_170982

Thanks. I talked to another dealer who said they had not heard what I was told. I am going back today and take pictures of it. I'm with you (HotZ28), I'm betting it got wet and caused the issue.

Fcar1953

Pittsburgh Pa
Buick Ownership
14 Lacrosse Premium AWD 15 Enclave Premium
The headliner in our 14 Lacrosse, on the passenger side hangs down slightly. Not that it is noticeble but enough to rattle. I would say that a good service Dept. can repair the headliner. I haven't returned mine yet but i plan too. I would not except it can't be repaired.

Fcar1953

Pittsburgh Pa
Buick Ownership
Unexceptionable!!! Mine is no were near that. I would move on unless it was repaired. I can not get my finger in mine like that.

cbragwel

I went back to the dealer today and told them that the answer they gave me cannot be right. There's no way this happens (a known issue that can't be repaired) and there not be some kind of recourse from the customer base. Now they are looking at the repair options. Of course, after this, I don't know how much I trust this dealership.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
From the photos it appears someone had worked on it and was clueless on how to reassemble it. It may have had aftermarket parts and they were removed, but the dealer was hoping that maybe no one would notice.

cbragwel

I got a couple of pictures from another dealer with a 2016 Lacrosse I was looking at on their website. I sent him pictures of the car here in Knoxville. He sent back two pictures of their car that shows (although not as bad) the headliner (roof) sagging as well in the front. Is there something to the statement the dealer in Knoxville made that it's a known issue that they warp (which I guess would cause the sagging)?

Attachments

cbragwel

For everyone's information, I found out why the interior roof in the front of the sunroof is "sagging". The interior roof is held onto the car by hard plastic Velcro clips. You can actually go around the sunroof and pull the roof down and snap it back up. The velcro clips can break which causes the issue I've shown in this thread. I don't know why Buick has no "fix" for this, but the dealer took it to a local shop that does interior repairs that saw what the issue is and said it can be repaired.

Still don't understand how Buick doesn't have a fix for this (repair/replace broken velcro clips).

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
Could be they couldn't get a scan code to know what was wrong LOL.

Funny and sad that it's a fixable problem but not a dealer level where it's easier to just say they are all that way and that's acceptable. Thanks for finding the answer for all the other owners who may have this and the gorillas who don't know how to remove a roof panel properly.

Fcar1953

Pittsburgh Pa
Buick Ownership
For everyone's information, I found out why the interior roof in the front of the sunroof is "sagging". The interior roof is held onto the car by hard plastic Velcro clips. You can actually go around the sunroof and pull the roof down and snap it back up. The velcro clips can break which causes the issue I've shown in this thread. I don't know why Buick has no "fix" for this, but the dealer took it to a local shop that does interior repairs that saw what the issue is and said it can be repaired.

Still don't understand how Buick doesn't have a fix for this (repair/replace broken velcro clips).
Did you buy any of the Lacrosses. I was able to repair my own by opening the sun roof and finding that the two pieces of velcro had separated. All i had to do was press the velcro back together.

cbragwel

I did purchase a 2016 Lacrosse yesterday. It does not have the issue with the interior roof, but I will definitely know what to do when (and if) it does.