• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Headrest swap

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Does anybody happen to know if headrests from an Envision are hot-swappable with the Regals? I have one as a loaner and it is adjustable unlike ours.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Does anybody happen to know if headrests from an Envision are hot-swappable with the Regals? I have one as a loaner and it is adjustable unlike ours.
The front head rests cannot be pulled out by normal means per owner's manual.
Plus, I would not recommend doing the swap as that is going to affect crash safety.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Well that's a bummer. Should've known it couldn't be simple. As for crash safety, if it were compatible, it would likely be better for me, as I could adjust it forward, providing better head support.

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Although they are not as easy to remove as most headrests, they are still removable. The camera work and visibility isn't the greatest, but this is the best video I have found explaining the removal of the headrest and retaining clip that holds them in.

As for the Regal/Envision compatibility, you might need to make a few measurements to confirm fit. In my experience, many headrest guides are the same (span, outer diameter, length, etc.). You should be good to go.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Although they are not as easy to remove as most headrests, they are still removable. The camera work and visibility isn't the greatest, but this is the best video I have found explaining the removal of the headrest and retaining clip that holds them in.

As for the Regal/Envision compatibility, you might need to make a few measurements to confirm fit. In my experience, many headrest guides are the same (span, outer diameter, length, etc.). You should be good to go.

Awesome, thanks for the informative video clip and tip. I'll have to check it out when I get my car back today.

Edit: That worked to remove the one in the Envision. Was pretty tight with the headrest in place, and the tightness of the brand new (P)Leather around the holes. No measuring devices here, so I traced them, to compare later.

Last edited:

BoostedRegal2.0

Buick Ownership
2014 Regal 2.0 Turbo AWD Trifecta Tune
The guy in the video needs to ask Santa for a flashlight and a real screwdriver. Obviously that pocket screwdriver he's using is useless lol

CalalaisV

Buick Ownership
Regal tourx
My Holden CalaisV has adjustable head rests so there are some that will work. I would hate to see the price for them though, probably cheaper to buy a new car.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
My Holden CalaisV has adjustable head rests so there are some that will work. I would hate to see the price for them though, probably cheaper to buy a new car.
I was worried to look at the price. To my surprise, they're only about $80 each, for an Envision headrest.

Pedal Commander