Heat

Thread starter #1
Michigan, USA
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Still loving my TourX, but now that it is cold, I am running the heat a lot and it is very annoying how hot the cup holders and console bin get (obviously due to the hvac ducts going through the console). This is the first car I’ve owned that has rear seat heating, so maybe that is normal? Just curious if anyone else has noticed this?

Buick Ownership
New Tourx Owner
I think that is the function of the hot cocoa warming tray. Germans love their chocolate. I find that the inside front door handles also get warm. I don't see any vents that go into the doors. This might be for pastry toasting. (its not shown in the owners manual) Actually just the dash vents aimed at the doors.

Last edited:
S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
Not something I've noticed because 97% of the time I throw the heat on the windshied only. 2% of the time the heat is both on the windshield and floor. and only 1% of the time I let the heat through the mid vents to defrost my hands if I was outside and they froze.

:cool:

I do not like heat very much. If windshield never flogged up I'd rarely run the heater fan.
Whenever I do run the heat, I have my window open a few inches to let the fresh air in.

Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU
Still loving my TourX, but now that it is cold, I am running the heat a lot and it is very annoying how hot the cup holders and console bin get (obviously due to the hvac ducts going through the console). This is the first car I’ve owned that has rear seat heating, so maybe that is normal? Just curious if anyone else has noticed this?
I had that problem with my PAU, & found that the heater/AC duct under the console was disconnected blowing hot/cold air under the console depending on the outside ambient conditions. Do you have low, or limited air flow out of the rear vents?

Thread starter #7
Michigan, USA
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I had that problem with my PAU, & found that the heater/AC duct under the console was disconnected blowing hot/cold air under the console depending on the outside ambient conditions. Do you have low, or limited air flow out of the rear vents?
Good idea, so I checked and those back vents have really good air flow. I’m sure I get the same thing in the summer with the air conditioning, but I like cold drinks, so that’s a plus in the summer.

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I had the heat set at 80 (auto setting) for 20 min last week on the way to work and my cup holders were NOT noticeably any warmer.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.