Heated Seat Cutout

TurboLover

Central NJ
Buick Ownership
2011 Regal Turbo (T03) - 6 sp manual & 2013 Verano Turbo (totalled 9/19)
So the first morning of the season that was cool enough to turn on the driver seat heat. It kept turning itself off after 1 to 1.5 minutes. Trip to dealer will be schedule but anyone else experience this?

Believe I could hear a subtle click in the dash (near speedo/tach) each time just before it cut out.

Last edited:

slow-90lx

Buick Ownership
Buick
I had the same issue on the drivers side and my power outlet wasnt working. They replaced the seat heater and the outlet.

I did get to drive a new Verano for 5 or 6 days, so it was :icon:

Only bad part of the visit was I asked for a front end alignment at the same time. They then changed my oil and wanted to charge me for it. Ummm... I just put in full synthetic 500 miles prior. I wasnt happy about it. They didnt charge me and would of switched out my oil and put in fresh synthetic, but Ill just do it myself in the near future. Wasnt sitting around any longer. Im way too impatient :p

TurboLover

Central NJ
Buick Ownership
Thanks for the insight. I hope they will not have me down for 5-6 days. They aren't always free and easy with the loaners...though they should be since they left me a quart low on oil at the last servicing.

slow-90lx

Buick Ownership
Buick
I took it in on a Thursday, think I got it back on a Wednesday. It took a few days to get the parts. I didnt mind putting 600 miles on the verano. :D

I believe, GM will not cover the first day, but will cover the rest of the rental costs. At least from my experience from my G8 fiasco. But this time they gave me a brand new (200 miles) Verano to drive at no cost to me.

I was rather happy since that is my biggest gripe about taking my car in for service.

p.r

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal
Mine just started cutting out yesterday, first time using them since winter. They go on for a minute or so then shut off. Goin in Thursday to get it looked at. Purchased 2011 Regal T02 in August 2011.

p.r

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal
My car was at the dealer all morning, here is what they did;

INSPECT/REPAIR FOR D/S FRONT HEATED SEAT TURNS OFF AFTER 2 MINUTES-PLEASE CHECK PASS SIDE ALSO.

TESTED AND VERIFIED COMPLAINT. FOUND D/S HEATED SEAT INOPERATIVE. CHECKED FOR CODES, FOIND CODE B2425 0D IN HEATED SEAT MODULE. CHECKED FOR BULLETINS, FOUND BULLETIN PI0377 FOR RESISTANCE VALUES OF ELEMENTS. CHECKED RESISTANCE FOR SEAT CUSHION HEATER, FOUND ELEMENT OUT OF SPEC. R/R SEAT AND REMOVED AND REPLACED HEATED SEAT CUSHION ELEMENT. RE-ASSEMBLED SEAT.

TurboLover

Central NJ
Buick Ownership
Thank you...still trying to get the time to get mine in. Appreciate the post detailing the issue and fix.

TurboLover

Central NJ
Buick Ownership
Made the repair...bad elements. Now just going to have to monitor the passenger seat...

h2ojon

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I am having the same issue now. Have to find time to take it in.

p.r

Buick Ownership
2011 Buick Regal
Since the element was not calibrated to spec, one would imagine the other seat will cut out too in time...

I noticed since the fix my seat do not get as hot.

TurboLover

Central NJ
Buick Ownership
There is a new part number...so they reengineered since the original element. Apparently failure of the element is not uncommon on the original.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!