Heated steering wheel

Slsmith26

Hi all..has the heated sterring wheel stopped heating for anyone else? Mine still gets a teeny bit warmer than the rest of the wheel, but nothing like it used to..I have looked to see if there is a fuse of something I can do to fix it. Thanks in advance

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
If you had a blown fuse it would not heat up at all. The heating element in the wheel may be beginning to fail.

Slsmith26

Where might the fuse be..I've looked in the owners manual and online and there does not seem to me be one specifically for the steering wheel

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
what year is the vehicle and you do understand that if you had a blown fuse there would not be any heat at all?

Slsmith26

what year is the vehicle and you do understand that if you had a blown fuse there would not be any heat at all?
The car is 2013 and there is tepid heat, just a slight difference, so it's probable that it's the element. I suppose theat is a pretty major repair...sigh

tack000

Toronto, Canada
Buick Ownership
LaCrosse 2012
It will be a simple swap of steering wheel, if it is indeed the heating element. But don't do it yourself. It has air bag and can explode, if not done carefully.

'13 Turbo II (216)

Buick Ownership
13 regal 05 ranier
You can do it yourself and it is very easy, yes be careful but be even more careful not to ruin the clock spring, that's a b.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.