Heated Steering Wheel

JimmyS

Buick Ownership
Enclave Avenir
Can anyone advise whether or not the heated steering wheel is supposed to come on during a remote start? Mine is not. It did on my 2014 Dodge Durango, were Buick engineers not able to figure how to do it?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
I have a 2017 Regal, heated wheel, remote start.
The wheel does Not heat up during remote start.

JimmyS

Buick Ownership
Enclave Avenir
I forgot to mention my Enclave is an 2018 Avenir, so for me, I was expecting at least as much in convenience as the Durango. I'm coming to the conclusion that my "new" used car will not have the convenience of the heated steering activating during remote start. Not a huge problem, but I was not expecting a down grade in convenience when I "moved-up" to a Buick. Thanks for your help.

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Page 37 of the owners manual explains in more detail what turns on.

Buick#4

Buick Ownership
2018 Enclave Avenir
The steering wheel does not heat during a remote start. That is one of my pet peeves.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
GM design engineers did attempt a remote start heated steering wheel but the can kept falling off and legal felt it could create a recall.
90-042-001-S01.jpg

JimmyS

Buick Ownership
Enclave Avenir
Thanks all for your input. I was hoping for a miracle solution, but now accept that the heated steering wheel will not activate on remote start. I still love the car, but do miss that little extra convenience.

Rykie

Buick Ownership
Enclave
Can anyone advise whether or not the heated steering wheel is supposed to come on during a remote start? Mine is not. It did on my 2014 Dodge Durango, were Buick engineers not able to figure how to do it?
My 2019 Premium's steering wheel is toasty when I remote start it.

Buick#4

Buick Ownership
2018 Enclave Avenir
They must have changed it beginning with the 2019 model year. Mine definitely doew not have it and it is not mentioned in the manual. It was a ridiculous omission in a vehicle of this caliber.

Rykie

Buick Ownership
Enclave
Have you tried leaving the steering wheel heating button in the on position before turning the car off, then remote lock as usual THEN remote start car... just an after thought.

JimmyS

Buick Ownership
Enclave Avenir
I have tried leaving the heated steering wheel on, the heated seats setting on high, and the fan on a high setting when turning off the engine. But that has not affected the remote start settings. It always goes back to the basics on remote start; heat from the vents on the dash, but at a low setting. There is a small amount of heat to the seats, but as already noted, I have to turn on the heated steering wheel, turn on the heated seat settings to a higher setting, and increase the fan speed to generate more heat to warm up the interior of the car. Oh well, such is life. It has become another lesson in buying a car. I actually use a checklist when I get serious about buying a used car. Heated steering wheel, check; heated seats, check; remote start, check, etc. I will now have to add: heated steering wheel and heated seats activated with remote start; ??? As I mentioned before, it's not necessarily a deal breaker, but a very noticable disapoitment compared to the "old" Dodge Durnago. Thanks again to all those who have offered their input on solving the problem.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
There may or may not be a programming option that a dealer can turn on. Some items are there, but for unknown reasons GM will only let the option to be turned on or off at the dealer level. Reading enough posts I can see that some owner could easily brick their vehicle, so GM has to look at the lowest IQ level and that's where the set the bar LOL.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!