Heater Control Valve

ssiesser

Buick Ownership
1984 Riviera, 1996 Roadmaster estate wagon
Does anyone know where I can get a heater control valve for my 1984 Riviera compatible with the electronic climate control feature? I've tried a dozen different websites. GM Part # 25506254, discontinued. Anyone parting out a 1984 or 1985 Riviera?

ssiesser

Buick Ownership
thank you. I had already seen that and I'm waiting for the seller to respond as to whether it is compatible with the electronic climate control

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
98 Riviera, 70 GS455 Stg1
All the heater control valve does is control the flow of coolant to the heater core. It doesn't control the temperature of the air. Various doors in the Heater A/C system of your car (electronic or not) do that. If that Ebay valve looks correct, it is a Four Seasons part number 74654. Rock Auto has one,

FOUR SEASONS 74654 Heater Valve | RockAuto

ssiesser

Buick Ownership
Correct, the part shown on the NAPA site is a vacuum operated heater control valve. It is not for vehicles that have the electronic climate control in the dashboard. Here are 2 pictures

Attachments

• Electric Heater Control Valve 1984 Riviera with ECC #1.pdf
    2.2 MB · Views: 3
  • Electric Heater Control Valve 1984 Riviera with ECC #2.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 2

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
98 Riviera, 70 GS455 Stg1
OK, but the 4 seasons part looks correct to me. Looks like the electronic control is not part of the valve. Looks like it attaches to it. So my next question is, what is the problem? Is the valve leaking, or is it not working? If it isn't working, you may have an electrical problem, not a valve problem.

ssiesser

Buick Ownership
You're right. It's the flywheel in the electric module that's froze. There's no leaks from the valve. Next approach is to soak the flywheel in CLR and try to brush the crude and calcium deposits off.

G-159516

OK, but the 4 seasons part looks correct to me. Looks like the electronic control is not part of the valve. Looks like it attaches to it. So my next question is, what is the problem? Is the valve leaking, or is it not working? If it isn't working, you may have an electrical problem, not a valve problem.
hi have a 82 riviera any luck with the control valve

Get your turbo buick badge right here!