Heating question 95 Raodmaster

wmrra82

Buick Newbie
Washington State
Buick Ownership
'95 Buick Roadmaster
Thread starter #1
Hello All... I'm new to the forums and I was trying to search under Past Lineup- Roadmaster about heating related issues but when doing the search, it just brought me back to the home page of forums. I don't want to search page by page ( I made it up to Page 6), is there an easier way to search topics for the Roadmaster? Thanks, JD

Dirtybob

Buick Ownership
95 RMS
try typing this into google 95 roadmaster heat issue site:buickforums.com
most common fix is to backflush the heater core (might as well flush the entire system while you're at it)
sometimes the thermostat will not fully close too, just went through that on mine a few weeks ago. Poor heat and my gas mileage was sucking since the motor never really got up to temp.

wmrra82

Buick Newbie
Washington State
Buick Ownership
'95 Buick Roadmaster
Thread starter #3
Thanks DirtyBob... I tried what you suggested. I left a quite lengthy post after I listed this one and waited, so I thought if I gave more detail of what I did and did not do yet, it would help...but I can't find the post now.
I've only owned the car for about a week and found out it hasn't had heat for a year and a half or better, weird. Both heater hoses going to the firewall are warm...not hat, just warm. When I started the car I switched to diagnostic mode in the climate control panel and watched # 8 climb from cold to 182 degrees, but car still blowing cold air out of all ports. I tried the reverse flush and the Dec-Cool didn't really look too bad and I didn't see any chucks of sludge. Next stop, looked into the reservoir and it look pretty bad, allot of sludge build up. Removed and flushed and believe the hose restriction that I've heard talk about is in the line that runs from the upper radiator into the reservoir. Anyway, once flushed, I put it back together, topped off fluid, used purge valve on the thermostat neck, same results. To go a step further, since it only takes 5 minutes to replace the thermostat, I did, the the coolant looked even better in that compartment. I let the car run for about 15 minutes and what was funny is that when I went to get into it, when I opened the door I could feel heat between the door and the cabin, but when I checked the vents...still blowing cold. It was getting dark but I thought I would take a quick peek under the dash. I found the solenoid that changes the door for Middle, Blend, and Floor and activated the switch and it seemed to be doing it's job and moving as it should. My question, is there another door that gates the heat from coming in from the heater core? Not having much luck so far but learning quite a bit about the quirks of this vehicle in the process. Opti-Spark... who new, right? Funny location for that critter. I have a bit of a stumble in the engine but have decided to find and fix the heat, or lack of, problem first. This no heat problem reminds me of when a radiator is just a little low on coolant but it falls under the piping that provides heat to produce, do you know what I mean? Top off radiator and heat returns...well, no such luck on mine returning yet. Will keep T/S'ing and picking brains...Thanks again for your post. JD

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.