• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Hello & 1st question

BobZ

Buick Ownership
Buick
Hello all. We recently ordered a 2014 Encore (FWD Leather, Cocoa/Saddle, Sunroof) and it is expected around the end of the year. We shopped other makes/models but my wife, who will be the primary driver, opted for it over the next choice, a Ford Escape. I tend to agree, especially since I got it for the GM Employee price (my Dad is a GM retiree). As for me, I drive a 2013 BMW 135i convertible.

I planned to get a K&N air filter for it but none is found on their web site: would it be the same as the 1.4l Chevy Cruze (part# 33-2966)?

Thanks in advance and I look forward to being an active member...I enjoy talking vehicles - I've owned more over the years that I care to mention!

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Not as I went with the short ram intake with an open cone filter from a Cruze off of eBay for $100. If you like allot of induction noises this one does the vaccum sound. Even Trifecta asked what intake i was running as it must flow well.

BobZ

Buick Ownership
Buick
Hi and thanks all. I have an open cone filter on my BMW (3.5 turbo) and like the sound; however, my wife doesn't and since she will be driving it I thought it best to just get a drop-in filter. It appears that the K&N for the Cruze is part# 33-2966: anyone know if that is the one that fits the Encore?

In respect to a tune, I am leaning toward the one from Vermont Tuner.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
The BNR Trifecta tune is on special for Black Friday. They are throwing in a $150 cable on the $315.00 tune which does engine and transmission programming. I've been having fun with the Trifecta on the Encore as Squirt pulls hard through100+ mph and great for passing and running past every other SUV on the highway.

BobZ

Buick Ownership
Buick
I looked at that tune as well but I do not have a laptop, or ready access to one, so the Vermont Tuning unit seems to be the best for me in that it is a handheld unit with 2 different tunes to choose from.

In the meantime I'll continue to find out if the Cruze K&N will fit the Encore...

mmadden2

Northern VA
Buick Ownership
2012 LaCrosse Touring, 2014 Encore Prem AWD
Yea, we looked at the Escape also, but when it comes down to the most important thing for us which is vehicle styling ...
I don't know what they think we're bringing out of the Chinese restaurant but ours does get a lot of looks. Must be the handsome styling :)