Hello from a new GS owner!

cmgww

Indianapolis
Buick Ownership
Buick, Pontiac, GMC
Hello everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Matt, and I just purchased a 2013 Regal GS. So far I love it. Went for all the options, and got a great deal as I bought it on Dec 31st and am GMS (Dad is retired from GM)...

I thought about the '14, but the changes weren't enough to justify the extra $$ for me anyway.

I also own a Pontiac G8 GT, mildly modded. It is great, but I let the wife use it to keep the miles off of it. I plan to keep it for a while. They seem to be holding their value pretty well, as there weren't too many made.

I grew up a GM nut, obviously, and my Dad had a Turbo Regal when I was a kid. Man that thing flew! He is a major gear head and it rubbed off on me.

I have a little familiarity with the 2.0 in the GS, as Dad has an HHR SS with a GM performance Stage 1 turbo upgrade and other mods. That little thing is scary quick, especially being a stick shift (massive torque steer) and having to handle it with one hand! He also owns a 2003 Z06, supercharged, 594 HP RWHP. Also a very fast and scary ride!

Anyway...I am rambling. I just wanted to say hello, and I look forward to chatting with fellow Regal owners!

cmgww

Indianapolis
Buick Ownership
Buick, Pontiac, GMC
Thank you! I haven't seen another GS around here either...yet. But I am sure I will. After all, Indiana is in the heart of GM country. I did get a compliment from a guy about my age (34) that had a regular Regal...pretty cool. I like owning cars that aren't a dime a dozen, kind of like the G8. Seeing one of them is pretty rare too

Bippoptl

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS 6spd Manual
I got my GS 2 days ago and love it. I pulled into 7-11 last night with my brother and as we were walking to the door this guy in a huge truck was like "Yo, what kind of car is that?"... After telling him it's a Buick he goes" what?! Are you serious? That thing is awesome." one of my main concerns when buying a car is how many are there out there. You buy an A4 and you'll see another one ever 1/2 mile. I've never actually seen a GS on the road here on long Island. And there are lots of cars here. Haha.

Benzadmiral

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 Premium
Welcome to you from a new non-turbo Regal owner. There's not a lot of Regals around here, either, and of the ones I have seen -- including on most dealer lots -- none have the dark gray/cream color combo of mine. A local dealer had a Turbo model in the sapphire blue, and I thought about it, but it had a black interior, which I don't care for. (No offense to anyone who has a black interior, though; they do look strong and sharp, especially with a white exterior.)

So far I find the car sturdy and nimble, and I'm sure with that GS package you will too.

VehicleCityGS

Buick Ownership
Buick
Nice ride, welcome from a fellow GS and LS owner!

GS6spd

Roanoke, Va
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal GS
Welcome to the site Matt, and congrats on the new ride. Sounds like you have a well rounded variety in the family, and I think you will really enjoy your GS.

Ray364

Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lucerne
Nice ride, Matt.

I sent you a personal message. Please check your Inbox.

Thanks!

Hello everyone. I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Matt, and I just purchased a 2013 Regal GS. So far I love it. Went for all the options, and got a great deal as I bought it on Dec 31st and am GMS (Dad is retired from GM)...

I thought about the '14, but the changes weren't enough to justify the extra $$ for me anyway.

I also own a Pontiac G8 GT, mildly modded. It is great, but I let the wife use it to keep the miles off of it. I plan to keep it for a while. They seem to be holding their value pretty well, as there weren't too many made.

I grew up a GM nut, obviously, and my Dad had a Turbo Regal when I was a kid. Man that thing flew! He is a major gear head and it rubbed off on me.

I have a little familiarity with the 2.0 in the GS, as Dad has an HHR SS with a GM performance Stage 1 turbo upgrade and other mods. That little thing is scary quick, especially being a stick shift (massive torque steer) and having to handle it with one hand! He also owns a 2003 Z06, supercharged, 594 HP RWHP. Also a very fast and scary ride!

Anyway...I am rambling. I just wanted to say hello, and I look forward to chatting with fellow Regal owners!

Get your turbo buick badge right here!