• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Hello Group. MacGayver here. Have Grandma's 2002 Buick LeSabre Limited with 90K Miles for the daily driver. Love this Buick.

Any one know of access to 2002 Helm Service Manuals LeSabre Limited? PDF? DVD? Other?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Info

• Maybe

• Total voters

MacGayver

Buick Ownership
2002 Buick LeSabre Limited
Have Heads Up display, Auto Rain sensor, OnStar, RSS radio feed, dual climate control, leather electric, heated seats, and more. The 3.8 V6 engine, which is bigger than most import V-8s is impressive. Get 24-28 MPG on combined city/hgwy. 19 mpg if A/C on and heavy foot.
  1. Looking factory HELM manuals or equivalent. I bought a DVD on line, but the info looks like ALLData from AutoZone.
  2. ABS light is on; module must be bad; wiring; ECM. Don't know yet. Change/bleed the brake fluid every 6 months to keep contamination out. The brakes work fine. No leaks. Will be tearing apart soon for new brakes.
  3. Gas gauge does the typical Buick thing. It is always on full except when you start it or near empty.
  4. A/C works but guess that damper actuators are not working. Air only comes out on "Mid".
  5. Some Bulbs are burnt out in dash, gauges, radio, A/C. Will be taking apart for LED replacement and checking gauges.
  6. Just replaced windshield. Took seven months to order a PPG OEM polarized, sun shaded, rain sensor, heads up display glass with the correct "frit" around the rear view mirror and rain sensor. Safelight came out 4 times with the wrong Chinese import glass. Private glass shop fixed it.
  7. Looking for an OBDII scanner for diagnosing ABS. Notice only four of the 16 PIN OBDII has connections. So, the $10 WiFi ebay special ordered vs the Foxwell or Launch scanner for SRS/ABS....
  8. Has anyone been able to read codes other than standard OBDII? ABS? Which scanner do you use? Which diagnostic protocols does a 2002 LeSabre use?
Any help would be great. Pictures to follow soon.

Frampton

Buick Ownership
2003 buick lesabre custom
Have Heads Up display, Auto Rain sensor, OnStar, RSS radio feed, dual climate control, leather electric, heated seats, and more. The 3.8 V6 engine, which is bigger than most import V-8s is impressive. Get 24-28 MPG on combined city/hgwy. 19 mpg if A/C on and heavy foot.
  1. Looking factory HELM manuals or equivalent. I bought a DVD on line, but the info looks like ALLData from AutoZone.
  2. ABS light is on; module must be bad; wiring; ECM. Don't know yet. Change/bleed the brake fluid every 6 months to keep contamination out. The brakes work fine. No leaks. Will be tearing apart soon for new brakes.
  3. Gas gauge does the typical Buick thing. It is always on full except when you start it or near empty.
  4. A/C works but guess that damper actuators are not working. Air only comes out on "Mid".
  5. Some Bulbs are burnt out in dash, gauges, radio, A/C. Will be taking apart for LED replacement and checking gauges.
  6. Just replaced windshield. Took seven months to order a PPG OEM polarized, sun shaded, rain sensor, heads up display glass with the correct "frit" around the rear view mirror and rain sensor. Safelight came out 4 times with the wrong Chinese import glass. Private glass shop fixed it.
  7. Looking for an OBDII scanner for diagnosing ABS. Notice only four of the 16 PIN OBDII has connections. So, the $10 WiFi ebay special ordered vs the Foxwell or Launch scanner for SRS/ABS....
  8. Has anyone been able to read codes other than standard OBDII? ABS? Which scanner do you use? Which diagnostic protocols does a 2002 LeSabre use?
Any help would be great. Pictures to follow soon.
Abs light on.... Maybe wheel speed sensor or hub?? Do you have any pics of car to share? I love my lesabre!

Attachments

Frisbee

Notice only four of the 16 PIN OBDII has connections.

Has anyone been able to read codes other than standard OBDII? ABS? Which scanner do you use? Which diagnostic protocols does a 2002 LeSabre use?
The 4 pins you're seeing are undoubtedly:
  • #2 (positive bus line for SAE J1850 VPW [GM] or SAE J1850 PWM [Ford])
  • #4 (chassis ground)
  • #5 (signal ground)
  • #16 (+12VDC from battery)
Check this site for a diagram of the connector and pin numbering.

The protocol used by GM vehicles of that era is SAE J1850 VPW, commonly and simply called "VPW" (Variable Pulse Width).

I use simple, inexpensive ELM327-compatible scantool hardware coupled with a laptop PC and/or (Android) tablet and the appropriate software. Personally, I don't know of any software currently available for a PC (Windows, Mac/OSX, or Linux) or a tablet/phone (Android or iOS) which can read ABS codes on GM vehicles. (Ford vehicles can use a program called "FORScan" for that.) But I've seen a Tech-II scantool report wheel speed sensor data on a GM Buick of that vintage, so there is undoubtedly some way to access that information (and, presumably, the DTCs [Diagnostic Trouble Codes]), which presumably comes from the ABS module.

Pedal Commander