Hello my name is Steven and I need some ideas please help

2012 Buick verano
2012 Buick verano I have replaced my alternator and just put in a new battery and my some lights and headlights are flickering from bright to dim constantly like they r going with my car idle please help any ideas I figured voltage regulator but nope it's in alternator and it is brand new

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
You may want to check the negative frame ground, coming from the battery, at the frame connection a few have found that to be loose or corroded connection.

MelsRegal

Staff member
Regal GS 2017
So if a shop did the work, why haven't you gone back to them?
Did they tell you the alternator and battery had to be replaced to correct the light problem?

2012 Buick verano
So if a shop did the work, why haven't you gone back to them?
Did they tell you the alternator and battery had to be replaced to correct the light problem?
No the bearings in my alternator were going out making an awful noise so they replaced it for me picked it up and battery sounded low when I started it and so I figured it needed charging since been sitting at mechanic for a few days drove it around the next day and then parked it got up the next morning and battery was dead car wouldn't turn over at all so I bought a new battery and put it in but before I replaced the battery when I was driving it around my voltage was dropping all the way down to 10.1 the was the next day after they replaced the alternator that's why I replaced the battery but now when I ride around one day the voltage might drop down to about 14.1 and then the next day it will drop down to about 13.1 and climb back up a little while I'm driving I have a digital voltage thing on my dash so I can watch the voltage

Turbo Buick Badge