Hello, new GS owner

mb13

Northern Virginia
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal GS
Hello everyone, just picked up a low mileage certified 2016 Regal GS. I have a few questions maybe they can be answered here. Thanks

I see in 2016 there was 19,833 Regals made in the US, is there any break down by year by GM or anyone on total GS production numbers?

On the DIC in sport mode view, is there any way to change the display from showing battery life next to the fuel or can those not be changed?

Turboshawn

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal GS awd. 1987 Buick Grand National
If your asking for GS production number for future value you bought the wrong car although the GS’s are rare. As for production vs the other regals I have no clue if gm has a break down... I don’t believe the battery gauge next to the gas gauge can be changed.. just the center part where Buick in there infinite wisdom put an oil an battery gauge next to another oil an battery gauge.. boost gauge would have been nice

mb13

Northern Virginia
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal GS
Nah I wasn’t thinking about future value, just interested cause I havent seen many at all.

I thought I was going crazy since I couldn’t figure out how to change the oil and battery gauge, sucks it can’t be changed

CoyoteEcotec

Buick Ownership
2016 Regal AWD T
Nah I wasn’t thinking about future value, just interested cause I havent seen many at all.

I thought I was going crazy since I couldn’t figure out how to change the oil and battery gauge, sucks it can’t be changed
I rarely see any other Regals at all. I didn’t even know GM still made the things til I bought one. 😂

Turboshawn

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
Idk about stand out... the wheels might if you have the 20in option... they sure don’t make em like they do the GN’s back in the day lmao!! Had my 8,000 mile GN out today. was a hot one... old r12 blowing strong lol

Sam14GS

Lake Worth, Florida
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Regal GS & 2019 Hyundai Tucson Limited
Idk about stand out... the wheels might if you have the 20in option... they sure don’t make em like they do the GN’s back in the day lmao!! Had my 8,000 mile GN out today. was a hot one... old r12 blowing strong lol
:worthless

Always nice to see a GN :BANANA:

Turboshawn

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
My buddies typhoon an my GN out for a cruise!

Dirt

GA
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Encore, 2012 Buick Regal GS, Other cars:1999 Ferrari 360,2001 Corvette Z06,2005 Silverado
@Turboshawn thanks for the pics! That thing is cherry!

@mb13 Congrats on the car! The GS's really are one of the all-around most practical "fun" cars out there, you will enjoy it for sure!

mb13

Northern Virginia
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal GS
Thanks dirt. It is a fun 4 cylinder to drive. Gearing on this GS seems very well done, always ready for the turbo to kick in. Bought the auto for daily driving to replace a Chevy Cruze. Almost double the horsepower, and triple the fun.

Turboshawn

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
@Dirt.. thanks again guys! When I get my motor done in my other one. I’ll Post some pictures.. hoping to dip in the 10’s with my other one! I like the GS for sure also just the trans sucks in this thing... wish it was like the new ones with I think an 8speed auto... if it had that tranny it would be a beast to drive!

Zeroboostbuick

S.W. Ontario Canada
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback - 2010 Yamaha R6 (track bike) Past cars: 92 LeSabre, 98 Regal, 02 GrandPrixGT
@Dirt.. thanks again guys! When I get my motor done in my other one. I’ll Post some pictures.. hoping to dip in the 10’s with my other one! I like the GS for sure also just the trans sucks in this thing... wish it was like the new ones with I think an 8speed auto... if it had that tranny it would be a beast to drive!
TourX and AWD sportback has the 8 speed.
Sportback FWD and GS have the 9 speed.

Super LaX

Columbus, NJ
Buick Ownership
2014 Regal GS
I see in 2016 there was 19,833 Regals made in the US, is there any break down by year by GM or anyone on total GS production numbers?
When I had my Oshawa-built 2008 LaCrosse Super I was able to get a detailed breakdown of colors and options as well as actual build date from GM-Canada. That was a rare car. Was it a desirable car that would climb in value? No. Nobody knew what it was. I tried to obtain the same data from GM in 2015 for a car built in the same plant and was told they don't keep those kind of records. Any GM tech can print you out a detailed list of options with a build and in-service date from GM Global Connect. My car was built 6/6/14 at Plant 9. That was pretty much all of the info I was going to get.

2014 Regal GS.jpg

Great GN BTW, I miss mine.

I included a thorough breakdown sheet that I decoded from Compnine when it was still free. 2 year production totals for US and Canada (Allure) Supers. Yes, 16 Allure Supers were built in 2009.

production.jpg

Last edited: