• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Help. 2018 Regal GS Winter wheels/tires recommendations.

KMNewman

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
I live in Minnesota, so I'd like to purchase a wheel (rim)/tire package for my 2018 Regal GS, and store the OEM wheels/tires during the winter.
Both Tire Rack and my Buick Dealership are unable to recommend any options. Any suggestions?

Banjo

Buick Ownership
2018 Reagal GS
"Both Tire Rack and my Buick Dealership are unable to recommend any options". What is up with that ? Sounds like someone doesn't want to do their Job

landsharkmz3

Other threads for this forum that might help...

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence

1500cc

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
The threads quoted by the two posters above, I believe those are for non-GS cars. The GS has 19" rims, but more importantly, big-ass Brembo calipers up front that need to be cleared.

KMNewman

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
"Both Tire Rack and my Buick Dealership are unable to recommend any options". What is up with that ? Sounds like someone doesn't want to do their Job
Yeah, I've talked to several "consultants" at Tire Rack, GM customer service and the local dealership with no resolution. The most knowledge response was that the bolt pattern and the size of the Brembo caliber for the front wheels are unique to the “new” 2018 Regal GS. Apparently, so few GS’s were sold, nobody has done the homework to recommend alternative wheel options. I was hoping somebody on this site may have a solution.

ChibiBlackSheep

Southeast, PA
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX Essence | Moon Blue Metallic
Discount TIre Direct is also a good place to check out. See if they have packages set up, or call them and see if they will work with you. And if they have a bunch of places near you, they might also help work with you to make sure things fit.

landsharkmz3

Yeah, I've talked to several "consultants" at Tire Rack, GM customer service and the local dealership with no resolution. The most knowledge response was that the bolt pattern and the size of the Brembo caliber for the front wheels are unique to the “new” 2018 Regal GS. Apparently, so few GS’s were sold, nobody has done the homework to recommend alternative wheel options. I was hoping somebody on this site may have a solution.
Did TireRack offer to measure the car?

If a car is not in their database, they will offer to measure your car and sell you wheels at a discount. If you are too far away, perhaps someone else is closer.

G-628756

Discount TIre Direct is also a good place to check out. See if they have packages set up, or call them and see if they will work with you. And if they have a bunch of places near you, they might also help work with you to make sure things fit.
Thanks for the tip. I’m try Discount Tire.

KMNewman

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
Did TireRack offer to measure the car?

If a car is not in their database, they will offer to measure your car and sell you wheels at a discount. If you are too far away, perhaps someone else is closer.
Thanks for the tip. I didn't know Tire Rack had retail locations. I see one is near my home. I'll give them a try in addition to Discount Tire

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
See my post here
Buick Regal Sports Tourer project

Basically, go for 18" wheels with 5x115 bolt pattern and most likely you will get an offset that is close to OEM. Besides, 245/45R18 is identical to 245/40R19 in diameter.

Eff the dealers, if there are local tire shops that do winter tire/wheel package around your area, go give them a shot. They will probably have a wheel that fits you, be it pretty looking or not.

Pedal Commander