Help me indentify this tube (hose) please

solomiio

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Have a 2012 Lacrosse eassist (2.4 ecotec). I've been having acceleration issues and overall sluggishness. This all started after my battery and O2 sensor were replaced during the holidays (maybe not related and just a coincidence). Poking around the engine compartment, I found a 1/2 inch tube (red arrow) that seems to be either cut, or disconnected (one end not attached to anything). Seems to be located on the passenger side of the engine. Maybe it's just a breather hose of some kind. If someone with a similar car can take a look and see if their's is the same, I would greatly appreciate it.13708

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
have you tried going back to the shop that did the repair work to ask if they accidentally disconnected something?

solomiio

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Actually, I noticed this tube before I brought it into the dealer (I was going to change the O2 sensor myself, but decided not to). Just reaching out to the forum to see if anyone else with a similar engine has this "unattached" hose.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
It may be the transfer case vent tube, but can't confirm.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
That's the only breather tube that showed up on my source and wasn't sure if it was used on others.

richardnewton

Buick Ownership
Buick
Those problems could be a vacuum problem but tough to tell from here. Do you have any codes?

I looked on our 2013 eAssist. I don't see that hose. The nearby fat black vacuum tube runs up along the firewall to the master cylinder and under the airbox filter box. The thinner black tube runs back to and along the firewall. The alu hose is A/C I think.

There are a few 2.4l ecotec motors so they might differ slightly (LAF, LEA, LUK). For sure PCV plumbing differs as our ecotec has some huge piping and chambers presumably to resolve icing problems of earlier engines. Find the exact engine in your car and research from there.

solomiio

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
So I decided to take the Lacrosse into an independent garage for a change, I'm done with the dealerships. After inspection, he said the tube was a vent tube. He test drove the car and everything seemed fine to him. Scanned the car and said no codes were present. Not sure if by scanning he reset something but the car seems to drive better (I also decided to clean the MAF sensor, so who knows, maybe that helped) Thanks for everyone's help, much appreciated.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.