Help! Transmission or ABS System?

Hrmjk84

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Verano
Hello everyone,

I have a 2014 Verano and during the massive snow storm we just had I got stuck! I tried rocking out of it and upon moving forward my ABS Light came on along with my traction lights and my wheels stopped moving. I had my Verano towed to my house and after the storm let up (and battery died) my neighbor jumped the car and I tried moving it. My ABS light and Traction light would not go out and wheels will not move foreward or reverse. When I put car into gears (my info center acknowledges gears shifting) my engine revs and the car makes a loud humming/buzzing noise. When put into park it makes a grindy/buzzing noise. Also, if I leave the vehicle in idle on drive the rpms and speedometer go and the car just buzzes loudly.
When I initially plugged in these symptoms im seeing articles about my transmission having problems, however, the only warning lights im getting are for my brakes. Also, my info center is telling me to service my stabilitrak.

Any ideas? Really hoping its calipers or wss and not my transmission!!

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
if the engine rev's freely in drive without any resistance the problem is transmission related. Any chance you damaged something under the car while trying to move it back and forth. Any evidence of a transmission leak under the car?

Hrmjk84

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Verano
if the engine rev's freely in drive without any resistance the problem is transmission related. Any chance you damaged something under the car while trying to move it back and forth. Any evidence of a transmission leak under the car?
When its in drive its like the engine wants to go, it revs but feels like there is absolutely no power going to the wheels. It also makes a very loud humming/buzzing sound.

No leaks at all when looking under my hood and on ground. No fluid indicators. Engine light was on but disappeared. Tje only lights on are abs and traction control with message to service stabili track.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
ABS, Traction control and Service Stabilitrack are all drive train related which points to the transmission area where the problem is more than likely at.

If it was "rocked" back and forth without letting the wheels stop turning completely before shifting this can cause damage to a transmission. The likelihood that it's a blown fuse or a simple fix is going to be on the slim side, but check underneath and look for any possible damage to the wiring harness and other connector, but be prepared to take it to a shop for further diagnostic and a scan on the transmission.

KevinJ

Contributing Member
Ohio
Buick Ownership
2013 Verano Premium (2.0T, AT)
Hate to say it... But more than likely a Transmission issue.
Unless you are a fairly accomplished backyard mechanic, then you might as well bite the bullet and get it to a dealership or maybe a a really good independent transmission shop.

Unfortunately, this fix will most likely take an expert.
Especially from a diagnostic standpoint.

Good Luck, and keep us posted as to how you fare....

Hrmjk84

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Verano
UPDATE:

Its NOT the transmission!!! 🙏🙏🙏
The mechanic called me today with the great news. I broke my right Axle!! The buzzing I heard was the axle spinning!!

He also said I needed an alignment and we are replacing my battery and tires.

Thank god!!!! I love my Verano

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.