• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Help with 2012 Regal GS wheel fitment.

VerdezGS

Buick Ownership
12' Regal GS
Hi all,
I picked up a 2012 GS for 9k at 71k miles. So far i have removed the resonator and mufflers and completed the trifecta tune. I recently got the opportunity to buy some wheels Aodhan DS01 19x10.5. It was an opportunity i couldn't pass up so i bought em' instantly, not realizing i would have issues with clearing the brembos. I was told by a friend that i would need 1.5" spacers to clear it but the wheels are already 10.5" wheels are gonna be way past the wheel well.

Are there any wheels out there someone would recommend, maybe any photos? Fitment specs?

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Generally speaking a 19" wheels should clear Brembos, the factory uses 19" as the standard wheel size.
Look at what www.tirerack.com has for your car. Note the widest they list for your car is 9".
The Aodhan DS01 19x10.5 comes in two different bolt patterns and three different offsets.

Last edited:

VerdezGS

Buick Ownership
12' Regal GS
Generally speaking a 19" wheels should clear Brembos, the factory uses 19" as the standard wheel size.
Look at what www.tirerack.com has for your car. Note the widest they list for your car is 9".
The Aodhan DS01 19x10.5 comes in two different bolt patterns and three different offsets.
The trouble I'm having is with the offset I believe

MelsRegal

Buick Ownership
Regal GS 2017
Sell them and get the correct wheels of your choice by doing some research first concerning application.

LARRY70GS

Oakland Gardens, N.Y.
Buick Ownership
98 Riviera, 70 GS455 Stg1
You won't be the last guy to buy the wrong wheels. They may look good, and be a smoking deal, but not fit your car. They either hit the inside wheel, suspension, or steering linkage, or they stick out past the fender, which looks pretty stupid. If you look up wheels for your car on www.tirerack.com, they will list the offset. It is really important to understand the difference between offset and back spacing. Too many people think they are the same. Back spacing is measured from the back edge of the wheel to the mounting surface. Offset is measured from the wheel width center to the mounting surface. Also, wheel width is measured from the bead surface to bead surface. What that means is that an 8" wheel is actually 9" from edge to edge. Offset is measured from the wheel width center. The center for an 8" wide wheel is therefore 4.5" from either edge, not 4". In addition, offset can either be positive or negative. Positive offset moves the wheel in towards the engine/drive line. Negative offset moves the wheel out. For the 2012 Regal GS, most of the wheels are 29 to 42mm offset. There are 25.4mm in one inch, most of the offsets are between 1" and 1 2/3", and that is positive offset. Proper offset keeps the wheel centered in the wheel well.

Last edited:

VerdezGS

Buick Ownership
12' Regal GS
You won't be the last guy to buy the wrong wheels. They may look good, and be a smoking deal, but not fit your car. They either hit the inside wheel, suspension, or steering linkage, or they stic out past the fender, which looks pretty stupid. If you look up wheels for your car on www.tirerack.com, they will list the offset. It is really important to understand the difference between offset and back spacing. Too many people think they are the same. Back spacing is measured from the back edge of the wheel to the mounting surface. Offset is measured from the wheel width center to the mounting surface. Also, wheel width is measured from the bead surface to bead surface. What that means is that an 8" wheel is actually 9" from edge to edge. Offset is measured from the wheel width center. The center for an 8" wide wheel is therefore 4.5" from either edge, not 4". In addition, offset can either be positive or negative. Positive offset moves the wheel in towards the engine/driveline. Negative offset moves the wheel out. For the 2012 Regal GS, most of the wheels are 29 to 42mm offset. There are 25.4mm in one inch, most of the offsets are between 1" and 1 2/3", and that is positive offset. Proper offset keeps the wheel centered in the wheel well.
This exactly what I was looking to hear, thank you!

Pedal Commander