• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

HELP !!!!!!

Mongo5894

Buick Ownership
Park avenue
I have a 93 Buick Park avenue with a 3.8 and I'm having a problem with it when I stomp on the gas it has a little bit of hesitation and when I let off the gas it will die and has no acceleration and I replaced the fuel filter, spark plug, spark plug wires, fuel injectors, fuel pressure regulator and the fuel pressure is about 35 psi and it still runs like crap so if you could help me that be awesome

Alan 55

Buick Newbie
Florida
Buick Ownership
2001 Buick Park Avenue, previously owned 1997 Park Avenue
There are a number of things that could be wrong but one thing that leaps out to me is the fuel pressure of 35 psi. This is far too low in my opinion. I do not have a factory service manual for a 1993 but my 2001 specs are as follows: 53 to 59 psi. I think that the 1993 would be close to this number. Perhaps someone could assist who has a FSM for a 1993.

Mongo5894

Buick Ownership
Park avenue
The spec in a Hayne's manual for that year is 40-43 PSI. I don't think 35 is good enough, but with a new fuel pump it should run like new.
Ok I'll try that thanks

Mongo5894

Buick Ownership
Park avenue
There are a number of things that could be wrong but one thing that leaps out to me is the fuel pressure of 35 psi. This is far too low in my opinion. I do not have a factory service manual for a 1993 but my 2001 specs are as follows: 53 to 59 psi. I think that the 1993 would be close to this number. Perhaps someone could assist who has a FSM for a 1993.
Ok thank you